MarsVenus Logo
Aktuelle Zeit: 22.02.2018, 21:52

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+01:00

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 11.02.2018, 04:23 
Meisterschreiber

MANCHESTER, England -- After 13 league titles, two Champions Leagues, 963 appearances and many more amazing memories, Ryan Giggs brought an end to his incredible 23-year playing career at Manchester United on Monday to take over as the clubs assistant manager. British footballs most decorated player made the announcement in an open letter on Uniteds website, just an hour after he was named as the No. 2 for new manager Louis van Gaal. "For me, today is new chapter filled with many emotions -- immense pride, sadness, but most of all, excitement towards the future," the 40-year-old Giggs said. Giggs will go down as one of the greatest players in the Premier Leagues 22-year history. He is certainly its most durable, playing in every season since the league inception in 1992 -- first as a flying left winger before refining his game to play deeper in midfield. His match-clinching solo goal in the FA Cup semifinal replay against Arsenal in 1999, where he set off from inside his own half, ran around three defenders and slammed a shot into the roof of the net, has gone down as one of the greatest goals in English football. His famous shirt-swinging celebration as he sprinted, bare-chested, along the touchline at Villa Park is also part of FA Cup lore. That will probably be his career highlight on a personal level but he was always more of a team man, one of the most valuable players in Uniteds successful, trophy-laden era under Alex Ferguson, who protected Giggs as a youngster after poaching him from neighbour Manchester City and allowed him to thrive. In an era where players chase money and loyalty counts for little, Giggs remained a one-club man after making his debut against Everton on March 2, 1991 as a lithe 17-year-old wearing a baggy shirt and hitched-up shorts. "I am immensely proud, honoured and fortunate to have represented the biggest club in the world 963 times and Wales 64 times," wrote Giggs, who never played in a World Cup but was a member of Britains squad at the London Olympics. "My dream was always to play for Manchester United, and although it saddens me to know I wont be pulling on a United jersey again as a player, I have been lucky enough to have fulfilled that dream playing with some of the best players in the world, working under an incredible manager in Sir Alex Ferguson, and most of all, playing for the greatest fans in world football." Giggs also won four FA Cups, three League Cups, one UEFA Super Cup, an Intercontinental Cup and a Club World Cup. Last season was the only one in his career where he failed to score a Premier League goal, leaving his career haul at 168 in all competitions. Ferguson, who retired last year, once said that Giggs -- as a 13-year-old -- seemed to float across the ground "like a cocker spaniel chasing a piece of silver paper in the wind," and that description remained true to his last days. Toward the end of his career, when his hair became speckled with grey, he relied on speed of thought rather than the speed of his legs, with his games carefully selected in Fergusons final seasons. Under David Moyes last season, Giggs was used sparingly with more of the Welshmans time taken up by his role as coach. His last game came at Old Trafford against Hull two weeks ago, when he came on as a late substitute to set up one goal and almost score another with a curling free kick that was tipped over the bar. After Teddy Sheringham, Kevin Phillips and Gordon Strachan, Giggs was the fourth outfield footballer to have played in the Premier League in their 40s. "Remarkable career by a loyal, legendary (United) entertainer," FIFA President Sepp Blatter said on Twitter. "963 games. 34 trophies. 1 club." Giggs is being groomed by United as a future manager and he had a brief glimpse of life in the dugout at the end of last season, when he took interim charge for the final four games. If his coaching career is even half as successful as his playing career, he will have done extremely well. "What he has achieved will never be equaled in the English game," United vice chairman Ed Woodward said. "In the way he played, he was the embodiment of a Manchester United player -- fast, skilful, entertaining and determined to win by playing exciting football." O. J. Simpson Jersey . The 17-year-old had four goals and four assists in 38 games for Liberec in the Czech pro league this past season. Zacha had three goals and two assists in seven games at the world mens under-18 championship in April when the Czech Republic took the silver medal. Tre Davious White Jersey . "It feels good, Ive never had one before, not even in College," Hagelin said after the Rangers outgunned the Jets 4-2, behind some solid goaltending from Henrik Lundqvist following a pretty wide open first period. http://www.authenticbillsfanatic.com/c- ... ersey.aspx. The Mavericks avoided a season sweep by the Nuggets, who ran away with a win in Denver two weeks ago to hand Dallas its longest losing streak at three games. Dallas (42-28) got a boost in the playoff race when Miami rallied from seven down in the last 3 1/2 minutes to beat Memphis 91-86 Friday night. Nick OLeary Jersey .ca Fantasy Editor Scott Cullen, NFL Editor Ben Fisher, and Isaac Owusu discuss three hot fantasy football topics. Mike Tolbert Jersey . However, the 38-year-old is in no hurry to sign with another team. "Im not in a rush. This will be my last contract, so I want to do it right," said Burris on Thursday.PHILADELPHIA - Brett Lawrie is considered day-to-day with tightness in his right hamstring, an appropriate prognosis given that its the daily grind of baseball thats forcing him to take a seat. The hamstring cant heal if Lawries placing athletic demands on it every day. "Its the same as it has been," said Lawrie. "Ive been playing with this the past road trip since Kansas City and whatnot. I need to give it a little bit of time; I need to give it a couple of days. I tried to play with it and I can play with it, its just that Im not playing the way I would like to play." His leg didnt give out on him. Lawrie saw a doctor at Citizens Bank Park after leaving Mondays 3-0 win over the Phillies in the fourth inning. The hamstring needs a couple of days to, as Lawrie put it, "settle down." "We only have one off day this May and thats tough just to continuously go day after day after day on something like a hamstring," he said. "Theres no recovery time so I need some recovery time to allow it to get better. Id rather take a couple of days rather than do something really terrible and take myself out for a month and a half because obviously hamstrings are just nothing to mess around with." Lawrie has a history of muscle-related injuries, most notably his oblique problems which cost him time in each of the last two seasons. He sat out the second game of last weeks series in Kansas City with tightness in his back and often times, after games, hes essentially mummified in elastic bandages holding down ice on various parts of his body. Ive hit a point where I cant keep doing this every single day," said Lawrie. "In every game that Ive played in the last little bit it has been little things that have just grabbed on me and almost resets it a little bit and just kind of says this is how its going to be, its not better yet. That just says to me, as much as it sucks and I can play, I just cant do it the way that I want to … so Id rather take a couple of days rather than do something really bad." Lawrie went 0-2 on Monday before leaving the game. He had been heating up offensively after a slow start, having had a seven-game hitting streak snapped and with mmulti-hit efforts in seven of his last 11 games.dddddddddddd NAVARRO NEARING RETURN Dioner Navarro pinch hit in Sundays game against the Pirates and singled. To say he moved gingerly toward first base is an understatement. Navarro was being careful with his sore right quadriceps muscle. Dont read anything into the visual. "Probably if I hit a groundball somewhere I would have gone a little bit faster but I knew I wasnt going to get to second so might as well take an extra day, it felt like I didnt do anything (Sunday)," said Navarro. "It wasnt that bad. I know it looked bad on TV but it wasnt that bad. I knew the ball was over the third basemans head, the run scored, the guy was going to get to third." Navarro left Thursday nights game in the eighth inning after aggravating his quad running the bases. Hes had hamstring problems in the past but never an issue with his quads. "We did a whole bunch of stuff, squat stuff, mobility stuff, side-to-side stuff, backward, forward, it felt great," he said. The biggest test is when we go out there and start running and see how it feels." Navarro didnt rule out a return on Wednesday, when the Blue Jays play host to the Phillies. LIND GETTING CLOSE Adam Lind, rehabbing a sore back, went 3-5 with two doubles and two runs scored for Single-A Dunedin on Monday. Lind, who went on the disabled list on April 16, could be back as soon as Wednesday nights game against the Phillies in Toronto. JANSSEN TOSSES SCORELESS FRAME Casey Janssen pitched a scoreless inning, allowing two hits, in Double-A New Hampshires Monday night game against Binghamton. It marked Janssens first appearance in his second attempt at a rehabilitation assignment coming off a strained left oblique. Janssens return isnt imminent. Hell pitch in back to back games later this week and the plan, at the moment, is for Janssen to take as much time as he needs. Remember, not only has Janssen been mostly down since suffering the oblique injury at the end of March, stiffness in the back of his shoulder limited Janssen to just three spring training appearances. He hasnt thrown much and is still in the process of regaining strength in his pitching arm. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+01:00