MarsVenus Logo
Aktuelle Zeit: 20.10.2018, 19:09

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: ion at Carnoustie in 2010. "I miss
BeitragVerfasst: 02.02.2018, 06:38 
Rekordschreiber

(SportsNetwork.com) - After sweeping one division leader, the Blue Jays and RA Dickey are set to kick off a four game set versus another one as Toronto is in Oakland to face Sonny Gray and the Athletics. The Jays dropped three in a row and four of five before sweeping a quick two- game set with the Milwaukee Brewers to cap a nine-game homestand at 5-4. After missing seven straight starts due to a strained left hamstring, Jose Bautista homered in both games of the set versus Milwaukee, while Edwin Encarnacion and Juan Francisco also went deep in Wednesdays 7-4 win. Encarnacions MLB high-tying 26th homer of the campaign was a three-run, walk- off shot. "Were going to have a happy flight," Encarnacion said. Toronto has a one-game lead over Baltimore for first place in the AL East, while Oaklands advantage over the Los Angeles Angels for the top spot in the AL West is at 3 1/2 games. The Athletics were swept in three games by the Detroit Tigers, losing Wednesdays finale 9-3, as they wrapped an eight-game swing with a 4-4 mark. Brandon Moss went 4-for-4 in yesterdays setback, hitting his 19th homer of the campaign and falling a triple shy of the cycle. Coco Crisp also went deep, but starter Jesse Chavez yielded five runs over five-plus innings. "Not only is it frustrating, but Ive been down that path before," Chavez said of his outing. "I think its annoying when you give up two-out hits and youre one out away from a clean inning and getting your lineup back in the dugout." Oakland aims to rebound tonight behind Sonny Gray, who is coming off a no- decision at Miami on Saturday. Gray allowed five runs on seven hits and three walks over five innings of work for his shortest outing of the year. It also marked the second time in his past four starts that he yielded five runs in an outing. The 24-year-old righty is 7-3 with a 3.20 ERA on the year and will face the Blue Jays for the second time in his career. Gray lost to them on Aug. 10 of last year, charged with four runs -- two earned -- on four hits and three walks over six frames. The Blue Jays counter with the struggling R.A. Dickey, who has lost three starts in a row and is without a victory since June 4. Dickey was hammered for five runs over six innings of a 5-4 setback to the Chicago White Sox on Friday. Four of the five hits he gave up were homers, though he did fan nine to just one walk. The 39-year-old right-hander is 6-7 with a 4.24 ERA on the year. Dickey is 2-4 lifetime versus the As with a 4.60 ERA in 15 meetings with 11 starts. That includes a victory on May 24, when he gave up two runs over 8 1/3 frames of a 5-2 home victory. Toronto swept that three-game series and won two of three in Oakland a season ago. Luis Tiant Jersey . He just didnt expect them to be this good. Darrun Hilliard scored 19 points to lead No. 6 Villanova to a dominating 77-59 victory over Georgetown on Saturday, preserving the Wildcats hopes of a No. Rick Porcello Jersey .com) - The Tennessee Titans agreed to terms with running back Jackie Battle on a one-year contract Friday. http://www.redsoxjerseyauthenticshop.co ... ox-jersey/. "I just think what it does for everybody in life is real simple," said Babcock early on Friday afternoon. "You dont give in. You just keep on keeping on. Is it going to go your way every time? No. But you choose your attitude and how you perform and how hard you dig in." Nearly four years to the day of the 2010 gold medal match in Vancouver, his team dug in with its best effort of these Olympics, snuffing out the high-powered Americans for another opportunity at gold. Carl Yastrzemski Jersey . Tortorella told The Vancouver Province hell be cheering for Team Sweden to win gold when they take on the defending Olympic champions on Sunday morning. "I hope Sweden wins, cause I dont think Hammer (Dan Hamhuis) is going to play, judging by whats happened. Christian Vazquez Jersey . It was my fifth straight year attending and, as always, there are many interesting matters discussed as it pertains to the use of statistics in sports.BRIDGEND -- Bernhard Langer has a seven-stroke cushion to take into the third round of the Senior British Open after shooting a 5-under 66 Friday to add to his opening 65. The German is on 11-under 131 overall at a sunny Royal Porthcawl with Scotlands Colin Montgomerie and South African-based Englishman Chris Williams tied for second on 4-under 138. Montgomerie shot 66 while Williams added a 70 to his opening 68. Spaniard Pedro Linhart (69) was a further shot back in fourth, while Americans Bob Tway (73) and Tom Watson (66) shared fifth on 2-under 140. Watson had a faultless round of 66 with three birdies, an eagle at the 18th and no dropped shots. Langer was beaten in a playoff by Mark Wiebe of the United States in last years championship at Royal Birkdale after blowing a two-stroke lead on the final hole when he failed to get out of a greenside bunker. "It still hurts when I think about it," Langer said. "If you put me in that situation a hundred times, I think I would win 98 or 99." Langer started with a bogey five at the opening hole when he pulled a 4-iron into a bad lie, hit his second over the green and didnt get up and down. He recovered with three straight birdies from the fourth, hitting a sand-wedge to six feet, a 3-iron to seven feet and chipped his third to three feet on the par-five sixth and sank it. Twwo more birdies came at Nos.dddddddddddd 11 and 12, he saved his par at the 14th with a 15-foot putt, then hit a drive and a 5-iron to 10 feet at the 18th and just missed his eagle attempt. "I played very aggressive and smart today," said Langer, who was champion at Carnoustie in 2010. "I missed a couple of opportunities early on but Im very pleased overall. Playing good golf on a great course is a lot of fun. But you have to be very careful, very smart and hopefully execute properly." Montgomerie hit back from dropping strokes at the first two holes to post six birdies in the next seven, including five on the run from the fifth, for 31 on the first nine holes. He then got two more on the way and just one dropped shot. Despite the impressive round, he wasnt hopeful. "Ive got a massive mountain to climb to catch Bernhard," admitted Montgomerie. Tway, only two behind Langer overnight, got to 5 under with a birdie at the sixth, but then slipped to level par before closing with two birdies. Fred Couples had to settle for a par 71, while Tom Pernice Jr. came back from an opening 78 to bag eight birdies and drop just one shot for 64 and the best round of the tournament so far. Wiebe, playing with Langer, made an early exit after shooting 77 for an 11-over 153 -- some 22 strokes worse than the man he beat last year. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00