MarsVenus Logo
Aktuelle Zeit: 23.10.2018, 03:02

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: The video went viral
BeitragVerfasst: 11.10.2018, 07:51 
Gelegenheitsposter

Much has been said about the NFL’s new rule against lowering the helmet to initiate contact. But less has been said about what will happen when two players both lower their helmets and run head-first into each other.

What will happen on those plays? It appears that the league is planning to call offsetting penalties on both players Adidas Nazem Kadri Jersey , if they both lower their heads and make contact with each other.

The league asked Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn to narrate a video explaining the new helmet rule. In that video, Lynn shows a play on which a ball carrier and a tackler ran into each other with both of their helmets lowered, and Lynn says he thinks that will be an offsetting penalty.

“Here’s a play with two guys,” Lynn says. “The offensive player and the defensive player. Two wrongs do not make a right. . . . This is probably offsetting, I’m not sure how they will call this to be honest with you, but it’s probably offsetting. Two guys both using the wrong technique.”

It doesn’t speak well for the NFL’s ability to explain this new rule that even the head coach whom the league asked to narrate a video about the new rule admits he isn’t sure how a play in that video will be called by the officials. But an offsetting penalty has always been the call when two players on opposing teams both commit the same foul on the same play. There’s no reason this new rule wouldn’t lead to offsetting penalties.

But it’s going to sound strange the first time it’s called: What used to be a good, hard football collision will now be a penalty on both players.

Myles Garrett has taken aim — mostly playfully — at Ben Roethlisberger since the Browns made the defensive end the No. 1 overall pick in 2017. But Garrett has yet to play Roethlisberger.

Garrett missed the first four games last season with a high ankle sprain Authentic Henrik Lundqvist Jersey , which included the season opener against the Steelers, and Roethlisberger sat out the regular-season finale as a precaution for the playoffs.

On Sunday, Garrett finally gets a chance to do what he’s said for more than a year he wanted to do.

鈥淸I want to] sack him. I want to win,” Garrett told Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal. “I want to take him down multiple times. But I also want to have some fun.鈥?/p>

Soon after he was drafted, Garrett said he wanted to “chop him down” in reference to Roethlisberger. Roethlisberger responded by saying he and his offensive linemen couldn’t wait to meet Garrett.

Garrett trolled Roethlisberger again this offseason in a video produced by the Browns. In a parody of The Office, Garrett dressed the part of Dwight Schrute from the hit comedy and put a photo of Roethlisberger through the paper shredder.

The video went viral.

鈥淧eople loved it,鈥?Garrett said. 鈥淭hat鈥檚 what it was all about. Some people say you鈥檝e got to prove it. Well Authentic Ryan Jensen Jersey , that鈥檚 what the season鈥檚 for. You can鈥檛 shy away from the challenge and just a little bit of fun.”

The former Texas A&M star had seven sacks in 11 games last season despite the high-ankle sprain. He expects double-digit sacks this season.

鈥淭hat high ankle came with me all season,鈥?he said. 鈥淣o matter how much treatment you do or how much time you give it, you just have to stay off of it until it just goes away. You have to combine treatment and time away from the game. So after the season, I was able to do that and was finally healed completely.鈥?/p>

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00