MarsVenus Logo
Aktuelle Zeit: 23.10.2018, 14:37

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 02.02.2018, 06:45 
Rekordschreiber

CHICAGO -- The Texas Rangers ended their homer drought in a big way. Adam Rosales, Jeff Baker and pinch-hitter Mitch Moreland each had two-run shots to go with solo a drive by Adrian Beltre and a bizarre inside-the-park effort by Ian Kinsler in Fridays 11-5 win over the Chicago White Sox. The AL West-leading Rangers (75-53) won for the 19th time in 23 games to move a season-high 22 games over .500. "Weve got guys that can hit the ball out of the ballpark, but we just havent been hitting it out of the ballpark," Rangers manager Ron Washington said. "All that tells me is were able to win baseball games many, many ways, not just with the long ball." The White Sox were unable to overcome a shaky outing by ace Chris Sale, ending a season-high six-game winning streak. Sale (9-12) allowed eight runs and eight hits in seven innings. "I really have no excuses in my corner, really," Sale said. "My arm felt good, my body felt good, my mind was right. I even felt like my stuff was good. Sometimes you just get beat." A.J. Pierzynski and Alex Rios each had a nice night in their return to U.S. Cellular Field for the first time since leaving the White Sox. Pierzynski, who signed with Texas as a free agent in the off-season, went 1 for 4 with a sacrifice fly. Rios, who was traded to the Rangers on Aug. 9, had two hits and scored two runs. Pierzynski received a standing ovation when he was introduced in the first inning. Before the game, the team showed highlights of his White Sox career on the centre field video board. "It was hard to keep my emotions in check, especially the first couple innings," Pierzynski said. "Its just weird to go out there, as long as I was on the other side. Just to see the field from a different perspective is just odd. I dont know how to explain it." The strangest play of the game was Kinslers inside-the-park homer. His third inning line drive rolled into a drainage track under the left-field line wall. By the time Dayan Viciedo was able to find the ball, Kinsler was on his way to the plate for his 11th homer and a 5-3 Rangers lead. "He did exactly what he was supposed to do, kept running, and it worked in our favour," Washington said. "The ground rules say that if the ball is trapped and visible, you have to go get it. It was visible." White Sox manager Robin Ventura came out to argue the play and was ejected. "I figured since (Viciedo) got on his hands and knees trying to go get it, you would think it would be lodged underneath there pretty good that they would rule a double but (third base umpire Greg Gibson) didnt," Ventura said. Baker and Rosales connected in the second inning, powering Texas to a 4-0 lead. Rosales added a sacrifice fly in the fourth for his third RBI of the game to make it 6-3. Martin Perez (7-3) allowed four runs and eight hits in seven innings for the Rangers, who have won their last nine road games to improve to 37-26 away from home. In the bottom of the second, Perez gave back three of the four runs his team had staked him to in the top of the inning, and also hurt himself with a wild pitch and a balk. "The game was moving along, we put up four runs and started giving them back, but (Perez) showed some presence out there," Washington said. "Thats a veteran move, the way he gathered himself and got himself through seven innings." Viciedo had a two-run single in the second and eventually came around on Gordon Beckhams base hit, pulling the White Sox within one. But that was as close as it would get. Beltre hit his 27th homer in the fifth and Kinsler singled in a run in the seventh to give the Rangers an 8-4 lead. NOTES: It was the first time in Rangers history that they had a pinch-hit and inside-the-park home run in the same game. ... Chicago left eight runners on base, to only four for Texas. ... Saturday is the seventh annual Civil Rights Game. Texas RHP Yu Darvish (12-5, 2.68 ERA) starts against Chicago LHP Hector Santiago (4-7, 3.27 ERA). ... Attendance was 31,891. Carlos Bacca Jersey . Torres scored the first goal by an English team in the knockout phase of the Champions League this season when he met Cezar Azpilicuetas cutback in the ninth minute of their first leg match in the last 16. But Chelsea failed to make the most of its counterattacks and the Turkish champions equalized in the second half after gaining in confidence and cutting out their defensive mistakes. Giacomo Bonaventura Jersey . It was a move of some time in the making. “He hasnt thrown well, clearly some guys are being used more than him right now and the only way to get out of this funk is to pitch,” said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. http://www.acmilansoccershop.com/c-47-a ... ersey.aspx. It was a loss. But it was also a learning experience. Deron Williams and Joe Johnson had 24 points each to lift Brooklyn to a 94-87 win over the Raptors, making their first playoff appearance since 08. "I thought we played a little bit as expected as it is our first playoff game," Toronto coach Dwane Casey said. Marco Storari Jersey . De La Rosa pitched six strong innings to win his sixth consecutive decision, Todd Helton homered and the Colorado Rockies snapped the Los Angeles Dodgers six-game winning streak with a 7-5 victory on Wednesday night. Manuel Locatelli Jersey . Messis 75th-minute goal answered some of the criticism the clubs all-time leading scorer had received for his lacklustre performances in the teams recent losses in the league, Champions League and Copa del Rey final.DETROIT -- Swedens Olympic hockey team has replaced an injured Detroit Red Wings forward with a healthy one. Gustav Nyquist was given a spot on the roster on Monday to replace Johan Franzen. The 24-year-old Nyquist has been a key player lately for the Red Wings and that likely helped him earn a spot for the Sochi Games. MMarcus Johansson of the Washington Capitals and Patrick Hornqvist of the Nashville Predators, both of whom have more points than Nyquist this season, were also potential candidates to play for the Swedes.dddddddddddd Franzen was ruled out to play in Russia because of a concussion. He played in the 2010 Olympics. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00