MarsVenus Logo
Aktuelle Zeit: 23.05.2018, 03:37

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 26.01.2018, 06:27 
Rekordschreiber

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- San Francisco 49ers cornerback Chris Culliver has been arrested on suspicion of felony hit and run and reckless driving after he drove a car into a bicyclist and fled, police said. Culliver was driving a white Ford Mustang just before 10:30 a.m. Friday when he hit the cyclist Friday morning near downtown San Jose, city police spokesman Albert Morales said. The bicyclist wasnt seriously hurt, he said. A witness followed the Culliver, 25, who also drove into the car of the witness, Morales said, and that vehicle blocked the suspects car until police arrived and arrested Culliver. After searching the suspects car, the authorities found illegal brass knuckles and booked him into Santa Clara County Jail for felony hit and run, felony reckless driving with injury, felony possession of brass knuckles, misdemeanour hit and run and misdemeanour driving on a suspended license. Morales said he didnt know the name of Cullivers attorney. "The 49ers organization is aware of the recent matter involving Chris Culliver," San Francisco 49ers general manager Trent Baalke said. "We will remain in contact with Chris and the local authorities as we continue to gather the facts regarding this situation. As this is an ongoing legal matter, we will reserve further comment at this time." In 2013, Culliver caused controversy by expressing anti-gay sentiments in the lead-up to the Super Bowl. During Super Bowl media day at the Superdome in New Orleans that year, Culliver responded to questions from comedian Artie Lange by saying he wouldnt welcome a gay player in the locker room. He also said the 49ers didnt have any homosexual players and, if they did, those players should leave. He later apologized, facing a large group of Super Bowl media members for nearly an hour. Culliver underwent sensitivity training as well and began doing outreach work with The Trevor Project, an organization that provides crisis and suicide intervention to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth. "I truly appreciate the staff at the Trevor Project for allowing me to grow and educating me on the issues affecting the LGBTQ community," Culliver later said in a statement to The Associated Press. "I have learned so much and made some really great friends. I will continue my commitment to the organization and to their youths and stand firm with hope that one day that all individuals regardless of sex, race, or creed will be treated with dignity and respect from all." Culliver, a third-round draft pick in 2011 out of South Carolina, made 47 tackles with two interceptions and a forced fumble during the 2012 season while starting six games for the Niners. They lost in the Super Bowl that season to Baltimore. Michael Palardy Jersey . The 34-year-old averaged 10.1 points and 2.7 rebounds in 82 games played in 2013-14 with the Utah Jazz. Jefferson has averaged 14.5 points, 4. Christian McCaffrey Jersey . Funny, they looked like longtime friends during Pittsburghs 5-1 demolition of Dallas on Tuesday night. Quick to the puck and even quicker to the net, the Penguins top line overwhelmed the suddenly struggling Stars as Pittsburgh bounced back from a dismal weekend sweep at the hands of Philadelphia by jumping on Dallas early. http://www.nflpanthersgearofficial.com/ ... rs-jersey/. Follow all the action live on TSN Radio 1050 in Toronto, TSN Radio 690 in Montreal, TSN Radio 1260 in Edmonton and TEAM 1410 on Friday at 3pm et/Noon pt. Taylor Moton Jersey . Jimmy Howard made 44 saves and Henrik Zetterberg scored two goals, leading the Detroit Red Wings to a 5-1 victory over the Dallas Stars on Saturday night. Sam Mills Jersey . The Suns termed Fridays surgery by team doctor Thomas Carter a success. No timetable was given for Bledsoes return but the team said in a news release that he "will pursue a possible return to action during the second half" of the season.MELBOURNE, Australia - Nick Kyrgios knows how to entertain a crowd. He hits shots between his legs and around the net posts. He smashes rackets. He argues with the chair umpire and interacts with fans in the stands. He smashes more rackets.And when he can control his explosive game and emotions, the crowd-pleasing Kyrgios has the talent to beat anyone on the biggest stages.At a raucous Hisense Arena at the Australian Open on Sunday, the 19-year-old Australian did just that: he came back from two sets down and saved a match point before beating Italian Andreas Seppi 5-7, 4-6, 6-3, 7-6 (5), 8-6 in a 3 1/2-hour match to reach the quarterfinals.This is actually the most nervous Ive ever been, he said. I am definitely feeling the pressure (playing at home), but at the same time I had so much fun out there.It was a reprise of his breakout performance at Wimbledon last year where he saved nine match points in a come-from-behind win over Richard Gasquet and then stunned the then-No. 1 Rafael Nadal to reach the quarters.With both runs, Kyrgios is in elite company — the last man to reach the quarters at multiple majors as a teenager was Roger Federer in 2001.Kyrgios credited the deafening, standing-room-only crowd with helping him pull through the match against Seppi, but credited himself, too, for keeping his volatile emotions in check when it mattered.It didnt start out this way. In the first set, he argued with the chair umpire repeatedly over a call and after dropping set point, smashed his racket with such force that it bent in half.Though he kept up a stream of explettives and continually talked to himself — as well as the crowd — he also calmed himself down at critical moments, particularly in the fifth set when he let a 4-1 lead slip and had to fight off a break point at 4-all.ddddddddddddI think Im just managing my emotions a bit better out there, he said. When I needed to get into the crowd, I did that. ... Im just learning every time I step out on the court when to show emotion, when not to.Kyrgios has been criticized for being too emotional in the past, including this week in the Australian media by former greats Fred Stolle and Pat Rafter. If you want to, call them antics or frustrations or temper, Stolle said, but its something that hes got to get rid of.But others have leapt to his defence — he has a fan club on Twitter that uses the hashtag #NKRising — and Kyrgios himself said playing to the crowd helps him overcome nerves and boosts his energy levels when he needs it.His showmanship certainly livened up the crowd after he dropped the first two sets against Seppi. At one point in the fourth set, he hit a shot between his legs as he approached the net and, though he lost the point, the crowd roared.He had them laughing, too, when he shouted to a couple who got up to leave in the fifth set, Hey, where are you going?If Kyrgios plays his next match against Andy Murray in front of 15,000 screaming fans at Rod Laver Arena — the biggest stadium at Melbourne Park — his opponent should expect quite the show.Hes dangerous. Hes unpredictable. Hes entertaining, Murray said. Im going to have to play a good match. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00