MarsVenus Logo
Aktuelle Zeit: 19.10.2018, 13:17

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 06.01.2018, 04:35 
Rekordschreiber

Jermain Defoe is staying put. Toronto FC has rejected multiple transfer bids to send the striker back to the England, meaning the 31-year-old Defoe will finish the MLS season in Toronto. "We received a record transfer offer for Jermain Defoe," said Toronto FC GM Tim Bezbatchenko. "We have declined that offer." "The offer was a record for the club and (close to) the highest offer ever received for MLS but we are committed to our fans and declined it." London-based Queens Park Rangers were believed to be one of the clubs interested in adding Defoe prior to the closing of the European transfer window at 5pm et. QPR manager Harry Redknapp confirmed to BBC Radio 5 Live that the club made a big effort to complete the signing. Defoe, who signed a four-year deal with TFC in January, is the clubs leading scorer for 2014. He has netted 11 goals in 16 league games with the team, good for a share of fifth in the MLS scorers table. "We have a committed player," said Bezbatchenko. "He was frustrated with the course of our team, no doubt. That was one of the reasons we made the (Nelsen) change" The 31-year-old Defoe has battled injuries this season and has missed four of the clubs last five games nursing a groin injury. "We love having Jermain here," said Bezbatchenko. "He has symptoms to a sports hernia & rehabbing. In the next couple of weeks we will see if he needs surgery." The club used Defoe as the anchor of a large-scale marketing campaign to promote its revamped roster heading into the 2014 season. The team labeled the addition of Defoe from BPL club Tottenham Hotspur “A bloody big deal”. "I want to say that this is new to everyone in Toronto, its part of being a big club, being in the mix with big clubs. Its new for us," said Bezbatchenko. "Its important people know we are comfortable with this and having other clubs ask for our players." The news comes amidst a turbulent month for the club. On Aug. 21 Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment CEO Tim Leiweke announced he would be leaving the organization within one year. Leiweke, who was billed as the architect of a new future for many of Torontos sports franchises was one of the driving forces behind FCs 2014 revamp that saw Defoe come to town along with U.S. international Michael Bradley and the early-season loan of Brazilian netminder Julio Cesar. Then, on Sunday, head coach Ryan Nelsen was dismissed along with five assistant coaches. Nelsens dismissal came a day after he publicly criticized general manager Tim Bezbatchenko for calling out the team prior to a 3-0 Saturday loss to New England. Bezbatchenko responded the next day by firing Nelsen and his lieutenants and appointing Academy Director Greg Vanney as the ninth head coach in club history. With the news of Nelsens dismissal, however, came rumours that Defoe could be the next to go. Bezbatchenko admitted in a press conference that the club was considering an offer for their top scorer. While he would not get into details at that conference, he would elaborate afterwards to TSN soccer analysy Kristian Jack. “We are in regular contact with QPR and with Jermain and were figuring out whats best for both the player and for TFC," he told Jack in a 1-on-1 following Vanneys introduction. "He has over-delivered [on my expectations],” Bezbatchenko said of Defoes 2014 performance so far. “Hes been a consummate professional.” He added that any move made to send Defoe out of Toronto would be done only in the best interests of both the player and the club. Troy Aikman Jersey . So it was understandable if he was a little shaky early in his return to the Texas Rangers rotation. He spent most of the outing searching for his best stuff, but still managed to shut down the struggling Minnesota Twins offence. Kyle Wilber Jersey . Carling Bassett-Seguso was a world No. 8 almost 30 years ago. Currently 13th, Bouchard is assured of equalling that when the next rankings are released Monday. http://www.shoptheofficialcowboys.com/E ... ys-Jersey/. - The Clippers have signed guard Dahntay Jones to a second 10-day contract. DeMarcus Ware Jersey .com)LeBron clearly likes his Italian sports cars, and thats ok with me, so up next up is the 458 Spider. Dallas Cowboys Jerseys .com) - In the absence of Dwight Howard, Donatas Motiejunas had a career night to keep the Houston Rockets winning streak alive.MINNEAPOLIS – The Blue Jays won their second game in a row, thumping the Twins 9-3 on Tuesday night but, like Sundays victory over the Orioles, the win came with a cost. Adam Lind, who has a history of lower back problems although none recently, was lifted for pinch hitter Josh Thole in the seventh inning after his back tightened on him. It happened, Lind said, in the fourth inning, although he stayed in the game as the designated hitter and singled and scored in the sixth. "I was just running to second base after my walk and it grabbed," said Lind. Lind missed time in 2011 and 2012 with back trouble before embarking on an offseason yoga regimen, meant to loosen his muscles and improve his flexibility, prior to 2013. Lind avoided the disabled list last season, a stated goal of his when he arrived to spring training. He continued to do yoga this past offseason and enjoys it so much he intends to continue practicing beyond his playing days. "I hope I feel better (Wednesday,) that would be a miracle," said Lind. Then, continuing the optimistic trend, he hoped Mother Nature would send some luck his way. Wednesdays wintry forecast suggests the second game of the series could be postponed, creating a doubleheader on Thursday. "Well hopefullyy it snows, for me, so that way I dont have to … its a day off for everybody," said Lind.dddddddddddd Linds noticeable limp, his difficulty bending over to put on his shoes, his tone of voice and the look on his face belied his attempt to be positive. Hes been down this road before and admitted hes been playing with pain for the last four days. Before Sundays series finale in Baltimore, Lind was the first baseman in manager John Gibbons original lineup. By game time, Lind was the designated hitter, replaced by Edwin Encarnacion at first base. Lind wouldnt speculate on his status when asked whether hes recovered quickly in previous similar instances. "Im going to do whatever the trainers want me to do and hopefully in a couple of days Ill be fine," he said. If Lind is lost for any extended period of time, it would be a blow to the Blue Jays. Hes a key part of the middle of the lineup against right-handed starting pitching and is off to a hot start, hitting .324/.465/.500 with one home run, six RBI and nine walks. The Blue Jays lost infielder Maicer Izturis, likely for the season, in Sundays 11-3 against the Orioles. He suffered a complete tear of the lateral collateral ligament in his left knee when he slipped on the dugout steps. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00