MarsVenus Logo
Aktuelle Zeit: 25.04.2018, 14:09

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: t going and got blown out the water.
BeitragVerfasst: 06.01.2018, 04:27 
Rekordschreiber

NEW YORK -- Milos Raonic emerged as the only Canadian survivor from five starters on opening day at the U.S. Open Monday. The fifth seed reached the second round over Japans Taro Daniel with a 6-3, 6-2, 7-6 (1) victory. Raonic had a smooth ride in the first two sets, but hit speed bumps as he tried to serve it out. "Maybe just lacked a little bit of intensity," Raonic said after the match. "Where I needed to, I played well. "Its really hard to gauge my level because of the way things went throughout the match. But I feel like just the way Ive prepared for this event, Im feeling more comfortable than any of the other ones, so thats a good thing." The Thornhill, Ont., product saved two break points with aces in the 10th game leading 5-4 but hit the net with a backhand to make it 5-5 in the third set. The set went to a tiebreaker where Raonic finally got the job done. Raonic took just over 90 minutes to earn victory with 20 aces and nearly 60 winners. "Ive been playing my best tennis this year," he said. "I put a lot of focus into this event. Im glad to be here and start playing. "Im hoping to stay for as long as possible." Vasek Pospisil fell victim to a shoulder injury sustained from practise last week. The 46th-ranked Vancouver player who won the Wimbledon doubles title, lost to clay-courter Simone Bolelli 2-6, 6-4, 6-2, 3-6, 6-3. Pospisil revealed that he hurt his shoulder on one serve last Tuesday but added that the problem is slowly healing. Pospisil fired 13 aces but was weighed down by 51 unforced errors and managed only 21 winners. He won his only match in New York during his 2011 debut after also going out in the first round a year ago. "Ive not been serving much, I lost my rhythm," said the Canadian. "I still have pain in my shoulder and thats never a good thing. "I couldnt serve like I usually do, that seemed like a big part of the match today. Its only my serve thats affected. But youre then not as confident on serve and not as loose on return games. It changed the whole outlook on the match. "Im not stressed about doubles, the shoulder is getting better. Four days ago I could barely serve." Sharon Fichman of Toronto, Aleksandra Wozniak of Blainville, Que., and Montreals Francoise Abanda were also eliminated in the womens draw. Fichman returned from arthroscopic knee surgery to a crushing 6-1, 6-0 loss to fourth-seed Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland in a match that took 47 minutes. Wozniak lost to Japans up-and-coming Kurumi Nara, 6-2, 6-1, in 59 minutes. The 17-year-old Abanda, playing in her first match at a Grand Slam, went down to 2013 Wimbledon finalist Sabine Lisicki 6-3, 7-5. "It was a great feeling to be playing my first Slam," Abanda said. "I had a tough opponent so that was tough, but it was great for me to experience that this year at age 17." The No. 112-ranked Fichman was playing her first match since losing in the first round of Wimbledon on June 24. She had surgery to repair torn cartilage in her knee in late July, the result of injuries suffered in World Team Tennis. "Only I know what Ive been going through," she said. "Considering all that I have on my plate, I definitely did the best job that I could. Im proud of my effort. I knew that even on the best of days, Radwanska would not be the easiest match." Fichman is still searching for her first singles victory at a Grand Slam after first-round losses in New York last year and at Roland Garros and Wimbledon in 2014. She was rusty Monday, with 24 unforced errors and 23 winners from her Radwanska. "I dont know how long it will take me to come back," said Fichman. "Im doing the best that could be asked for after the surgery and the ankle and everything. Ill do all that I can, eventually Ill get there. All the struggles and hard work will make me better at the end." The No. 97-ranked Wozniak suffered through 28 unforced errors as she ended her Grand Slam season without a victory at any of the three majors she played -- Paris, London and New York. The 26-year-old Canadian, who has struggled in her comeback from a shoulder injury several seasons ago, was playing her first elite-level match since losing in the first round of the Rogers Cup. Montreals Eugenie Bouchard starts her tournament on Tuesday playing Olga Govortsova of Belarus. A. J. Cann Jersey . The Arena das Dunas in the northeastern city of Natal sustained minor damage during the protests, but demonstrators stayed away on Sunday and officials said the stadium passed its first test, with only minor adjustments needed going forward. Patrick Omameh Jersey . The traditional pre-Masters event was halted early due to inclement weather. Harrington, who tied for first in 2003 and won in 2004, became the first three-time champion of the event. http://www.shopthejaguarsonline.com/Eli ... rs-Jersey/. If one fighter gases, he usually gets beat up pretty bad from that point on. Allen Hurns Jersey . -- Oakland Athletics starting pitchers Jarrod Parker and A. Earl Watford Jersey . The visitors missed a host of good chances to win the game, and were left to rue substitute Ivo Ilicevics strike against the crossbar in the 86th minute, when he only had the goalkeeper to beat. NEW YORK -- Part of Brooklyns resurgence this month has been due, in large part, to the team trusting each other on both ends of the court and buying into first-year coach Jason Kidds plan. The Nets continued their winning ways Tuesday by sweeping a back-to-back set for the first time this season, beating the Orlando Magic 101-90 a night after routing the crosstown rival New York Knicks. "Its a sign that were showing consistency with what were trying to do around here," said Nets forward Paul Pierce, who along with Joe Johnson, the other forward in Kidds small lineup, chipped 13 points apiece. Andray Blatche had another great game off the bench, scoring a team-high 18 points, and reserve forward Mirza Teletovic added 14 points as the Nets won for the eighth time in nine games. "Were not only winning, but were pretty convincingly turning it on in the third quarter with the defence, the way were moving the ball, Pierce said. "Thats what we want. Thats all he wants out of us, night in, night out, a consistent effort. Thats what were trying to do especially in back-to-backs." The Nets 8-1 start in January is an NBA best after a disappointing 10-21 start to their second season in Brooklyn. The Nets improved to 2-6 in the second game of a back-to-back. Once again, Kidd stuck with the same starting unit since Deron Williams went down with an ankle injury. Kidds starting five of Pierce, Johnson, Kevin Garnett, Alan Anderson and Shaun Livingston improved to 6-0. "For us coming off the back-to-back, we havent had that much success -- if any. This was more or less -- no matter who the opponent was -- it was about trying to get a win against a team we hadnt had back-to-back win," Kidd said. Despite heavy snow that was expected to dump 8-14 inches on the city, there were barely any empty seats with 15,482 in attendance at Barclays Center. New York City native Kyle OQuinn led Orlando with 15 points and eight rebounds off the bench. ETwaun Moore had 13 points for the Magic, who lost for the 10th time in 11 games. Brooklyn built an early seven-point lead in the second quarter after Williams, who came off the bench for the second straight game, hit a 3-pointer to make it 31-24 with just 10:34 remmaining.dddddddddddd But the second unit started to lose that lead as the offence became stagnant. Tied 38-all with 3:51 remaining in the second quarter, the Nets went on an 8-4 run to close out the first half up 46-42. The Nets, who had been plagued by a lack of effort in the second half during the first two months of the season, buckled down in the beginning of the third quarter after allowing the Magic to hit 50 per cent of their shots in the first half. Brooklyn came out focused on the defensive end as they had done during its previous seven victories and held the Magic to just 3 for 21 from the field. "Well that was the difference in the game, the third quarter", Orlando coach Jacque Vaughn said. "Their approach, the way they came out. They hit us first and we didnt have an answer." Orlando missed its first nine shots of the quarter and the Nets were able to capitalize, going on an 18-6 run to take a 64-48 lead with 5:09 left in the period. Aaron Afflalo then made the Magics first bucket with 4:50 remaining. "We stopped moving the ball. We stopped playing together. We stopped playing defence. We stopped doing everything. ... We just laid down," said Magic forward Glen Davis. "To be in the game and to have a chance to win the game and we just let it go like that, its just really disappointing." The 14 points scored by Orlando in that quarter were a Nets opponent season low. Williams had nine points and dished out nine assists in 28 minutes. It was his second game back after missing the last five due to a sprained ankle. "I think our third quarters have been a lot better. That was a problem a lot in the first half of the season," Williams said. "We just came out and couldnt get going and got blown out the water. Weve definitely been better since the start of the new year." The Nets have allowed 91.7 points per game during their eight wins in January. NOTES: Brooklyn has won four straight games over Southeast Division opponents after starting out the year 1-4. Theyve beaten Atlanta twice, Miami and now Orlando. . Williams nine assists moved him past Stephon Marybury into eighth place on the teams all-time assist list. . Blatche has averaged 19.7 points during his last three games. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00