MarsVenus Logo
Aktuelle Zeit: 27.04.2018, 10:48

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 30.12.2017, 07:45 
Rekordschreiber

After coming up short in his quest for a gold medal in Sochi, Olympic silver medallist Patrick Chan isnt sure about his future in figure skating. At a press conference after the event, Chan was asked whether he was going to skate in the world championships next month in Japan, where he would be going for a fourth consecutive title. He was non-committal in his response. "I dont know if I could go to another one now. Im pretty exhausted," Chan said. It definitely does drain you and you lose perspective." Chan told CBCs Olympic Daytime that all hes focused on is enjoying the rest of the Games. "Right now I have in mind this hockey game Im going to, USA-Russia, and enjoying my time here and celebrating with my teammates," he said. "Were young, we have a lot ahead in our lives, but were going to remember this moment together." Chan was just behind 19-year-old Japanese phenom Yuzuru Hanyu after the mens short program was completed, essentially making it a two-man race for the gold medal. The door swung wide open for Chan after Hanyu stumbled through his long program. Skating immediately after Hanyu, Chan looked to be on his way to gold after landing his first quad. But the three-time reigning world champion stumbled through the rest of his program and couldnt overtake Hanyu, finishing the long program with a score of 178.10, behind Hanyus 178.64. That left Chan with the silver for the second consecutive Olympics. Though the disappointment was palpable, Chan remained positive, and continued to speak in terms of his overall career. "For the first time I can say Im a seven-time national champion, three-time world champion, [and] two-time silver medallist at the Olympic Games and thats huge," he said. "I dont know any other skater who has done that. Its a tremendous career. "I dont want to look at the medals and successes Ive had, I want to look at how Ive changed the sport." No Canadian man has ever won a singles gold in Olympic figure skating. Brian Orser won silver in 1984 and again in 1988, the latter of which saw him edged by a tenth of a point by American Brian Boitano. Elvis Stojko, a three-time world champion as well, won Olympic silver twice, in 1994 and 1998. Samir Nasri Jersey . But this time, the Gunners weathered the storm. Arsene Wengers team was on the ropes in the early stages of a lively FA Cup tie, until Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain scored a goal against the run of the play. Jesus Navas Jersey . The Tinkoff-Saxo rider was still dealing with the right shin he broke in a crash which ended his Tour de France on Stage 10. He hoped to defy his doctors and race in the home Grand Tour he won in 2008 and 2012, but he says there have been complications in his recovery. http://www.authenticmanchestercityshop. ... ty-Jersey/. FIFA said in a statement Friday that "several racist and discriminatory incidents were apparently perpetrated by local supporters during the match, in particular by displaying neo-Nazi banners and by making monkey noises and gestures as well as Nazi salutes. David Silva Jersey . He looked very comfortable Wednesday night. Konerko had a big three-run double and Gordon Beckham homered for the second straight game, leading the Chicago White Sox to an 8-3 victory over the sliding Chicago Cubs. Ilkay Gundogan Jersey .Y. - Islanders forward Anders Lee has been fined $2,286 by the NHL for elbowing St.MADRID - Atletico Madrid says the completion of its new stadium will be delayed by a year until the summer of 2017.The defending Spanish champions were supposed to move to the Peineta Stadium in the summer of 2016.Club spokesman Juanjo Anaut confirmed Spanish media reports to The Associaated Press, saying we have agreed to establish a new deadline for the stadium.ddddddddddddAnaut says construction company FCC asked to slow down the building of the stadium but that in no case will work on it stop.Atletico currently plays at the Vicente Calderon Stadium. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00