MarsVenus Logo
Aktuelle Zeit: 19.08.2018, 03:38

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 10.04.2018, 08:05 
Rekordschreiber

INDIANAPOLIS -- Robert Mathis never got to see Deacon Jones take down opposing quarterbacks in person. He learned to appreciate Jones creativity over time. The Colts Pro Bowl linebacker and newly crowned sacks champion was honoured Thursday as the inaugural winner of the NFLs Deacon Jones Award, which goes to the leagues sacks leader. Mathis will be recognized at the NFL award banquet Feb. 1. "Deacon Jones is the creator of the sack, so to be able to win the first award in his honour is an honour," Mathis told reporters in Indianapolis. "Im very proud that I was able to win it and I thank my teammates, mainly the d-line, who were very instrumental in helping me get to the quarterback." League officials named the award after Jones died June 3 at age 74. Jones was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1980. Mathis has been one of the leagues top sack artists since joining the Colts as a fifth-round draft pick in 2003. For nearly a decade, Mathis and Dwight Freeney were among the NFLs most feared pass-rushing tandems. But when Freeney left in free agency during the off-season, the critics contended Mathis would struggle without his longtime teammate and close friend. Instead, Mathis used it as motivation. When asked Thursday why he has played so well over the years, Mathis responded: "The fact that I do have a chip on my shoulder every time I play. When people say you cant do something, you want to show them that you can." So the 32-year-old who is in his second season as a rush linebacker delivered the best season of his career. He broke Freneeys franchise record for sacks in a season (16) with 19 1/2 and became the Colts career sacks leader (111), surpassing Freeneys previous mark (107 1/2). Mathis finished the regular season with 65 tackles, matched his career high with eight forced fumbles -- two of which led to safeties -- and helped lead the Colts to their first AFC South title without Peyton Manning. Indy (11-5) will host Kansas City (11-5) on Saturday afternoon in a wild-card game. Mathis, who was the sacks leader most of the season, even came up with two sacks in the regular-season finale to move past St. Louis Robert Quinn and join Freeney as the only Colts players to win a sacks title. Freeney took that honour in 2004. Virgil van Dijk Jersey . Anything less than gold for either nation is considered a disappointment. Yet for Switzerland, advancing to the semifinal might be a victory in itself. Bruno Martins Indi Jersey .J. -- Patrick Sharp is on one of those streaks. http://www.soccernetherlandsshop.us/Qui ... nd-Jersey/. Jamies number grades given are out of five, with five being the best mark. Steve Mason, Philadelphia (4) - Mason was brilliant all night long with save after big save on Benoit Pouliot, Carl Hagelin and Derick Brassard. Jetro Willems Jersey . - The Detroit Lions have 13 takeaways this season — three less than all of last season — and the defence isnt the only unit pleased with the performance. Steven Berghuis Jersey .com) - Driphus Jackson had three touchdown passes, including two in a 19-second span in the opening quarter, to guide Rice to a 30-6 rout of Fresno State at the Hawaii Bowl. ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates -- In a battle of fan-favorite heavyweights, it was the power of Roy Nelson that proved supreme Friday as he earned a first-round knockout win over Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. The bout served as the main event of the "UFC Fight Night: Nogueira vs. Nelson" card at the du Arena. Nelson (21-9) was in control from the start, working in frequent jabs and occasionally launching his right hand. One of those shots scored flush in the early stages of the fight and Nogueira (34-9-1) went tumbling to the floor, but Nelson didnt rush the finish and instead allowed his opponent to stand and re-engage. The patience paid off as Nelson delivered a thunderous right a short time later that saw Nogueira fall stiff as he hit the mat. Nelson didnt bother to wait for referee Leon Roberts to step in, raising his hand in victory at the 3:30 mark of the first round. "I was expecting a five-round battle but things ended a little early," Nelson said. "My game plan was to throw more lefts and mix in some takedowns and eventually try to win each round. I didnt think I was going to be the hometown favorite but Abu Dhabi really was behind me tonight." In the nights co-feature, veteran featherweight Clay (The Carpenter) Guida outworked Japans Tatsuya (Crusher) Kawajiri for a win via unanimous decision. Guida (31-11) was relentless from the start, pressing the pace and looking to strike but often finding himself in a clinch with his opponent. Guida took advantage of those situations by locking the body and dumping his opponent to the canvas, even as Kawajiri (33-8-2) looked repeatedly to secure an armlock from the position. The two went back and forth for the full 15 minnutes.dddddddddddd Kawajiri always looked dangerous, but Guida kept a high pace until the final bell and enjoyed too many dominant positions to be denied a victory. Afterward, Guida called out Irish featherweight prospect Conor McGregor. "After your injury, once youre healed up, you want to fight a real man, there aint no gold at the end of that rainbow, man," Guida said in his post-fight interview. "Just a chest-hair sandwich from a mullet with a caveman at the end of it." In a welterweight contest, Ryan LaFlare looked impressive in a unanimous-decision win over John (Doomsday) Howard, though the contest was marred by an accidental foul. LaFlare (11-0) proved the better wrestler in the three-round matchup, repeatedly taking his opponent to the floor. But in the second round, LaFlare landed an inadvertent knee to the groin that sent Howard (22-9) to the canvas and threatened to end the fight. Howard chose to fight on but was in clear pain for the remainder of the bout. After earning the decision win, LaFlare admitted he was disappointed in how the incident played out but was happy to get a win. In the nights first main-card matchup, lightweight Ramsey Nijem (10-4) earned a scintillating victory over the previously undefeated Beneil Dariush (7-1). Nijem, who entered the cage holding a Palestinian flag, scored with a clean left hook in the late stages of the first round, and Dariush never recovered. Nijem seized the opportunity and rushed forward with additional strikes, finally earning the TKO call at the 4:20 mark of the first round. "I wanted this to be violent," Nijem said after the win. "I want everybody to be scared in my weight class." Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Jerseys China Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys From China NFL Jerseys Cheap ' ' '

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00