MarsVenus Logo
Aktuelle Zeit: 16.07.2018, 19:59

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 04.01.2018, 06:39 
Rekordschreiber

BEREA, Ohio -- The Browns arent worried about Johnny Manziel running out of bounds off the field. Or floating on pool rafts. After a weekend of partying in Texas, where he was photographed floating on an inflatable swan while drinking champagne in a nightclub pool, Manziel was on the field Tuesday as the Browns opened a mandatory three-day minicamp. The team is not making their popular Heisman Trophy-winning rookie quarterback -- or starter Brian Hoyer -- available to the media this week. Manziel has left Cleveland each of the past three weekends, first taking a trip to Las Vegas, then to Los Angeles for a seminar with other rookies and then to his home state, where in addition to having some fun, he got drafted by the San Diego Padres and attended Game 2 of the NBA finals in San Antonio, sitting near Miamis bench while wearing a retro Cavaliers cap. Following practice, Browns first-year coach Mike Pettine said hes not worried about how his young QB spends his free time. "Im not concerned," Pettine said. "I would become concerned if it was something criminal and I would be concerned if it affected his job. Theres a lot of our guys, if when they leave here if they were followed around, youd get some very similar pictures. I dont know about an inflatable swan, but youd still get some pictures." Manziel has said he intends to keep living his life to the fullest, and Pettine doesnt feel the need to monitor the 21-year-olds every move. "The philosophy here is that were not going to micro-manage the guys," Pettine said. "I was involved in an event this weekend, and if there were some cameras at certain times it probably wouldnt have been the most flattering. It was a group of coaches out and we had a good time, but we were responsible. When it becomes irresponsible or it becomes part of breaking the law or its something we feel is a potential problem, well step in." Manziel is currently listed as Clevelands backup behind Hoyer. The two will compete during training camp next month, when each pass will be dissected. The dueling QBS are already under scrutiny. During Tuesdays workout, Manziel took snaps with Clevelands first-team offence as Hoyer continues to be limited as a precaution while recovering from off-season knee surgery. When he was on the field, Hoyer showed his ability to read the defence and release the ball more quickly than Manziel, who is still learning the nuances of offensive co-ordinator Kyle Shanahans system and adjusting to the speedier pro game. Thats not to say Manziel didnt show progress. "Hes getting more comfortable in the huddle, calling the plays," Pettine said. "I think hes got a very nice touch with the deep ball. Weve added some of the zone-read stuff that Kyles run with RG3 in Washington and hes done a nice job handling that. He makes improvement every day." As for Manziels extra-curricular activities, his teammates seem to have his back. Safety Donte Whitner was asked if theres a need to tell Johnny Football to tone down his act. "Yeah, but I dont think hes out of hand with it," Whitner said. "If hes not out every weekend, hes just a young guy. So going to Vegas, I probably wouldve been there with Johnny too." Wide receiver Andrew Hawkins hasnt seen any reason to think Manziel isnt taking his job seriously. "I dont know what Johnny does on the weekends. But its none of my business," he said. "Hes out here working his butt off. Im not keeping tabs on where he goes Friday through Sunday. Johnny works hard, and thats all anybody cares about." Pettine understands theres a bright spotlight on Manziel, who seems to relish the hype. In being so public with his actions, Manziel could be placing himself in precarious situations, but Pettine is confident the former Texas A&M star can handle it. "I think its something hes used to," Pettine said. "I think that he understands that that (publicity) comes with the territory, but I also think hes a young man that he doesnt want his lifestyle or how he lives it to be affected by social media. That hes not going to (say) Hey, Im not leaving my house. "I dont think he wants to be that way and it just goes back to were not going to micromanage him until we feel that it is an issue, and if its not affecting him on the field, then I dont think that its anything we need to address at this point." NOTES: Pro Bowl WR Josh Gordon continues to practice as the team awaits word on a possible league suspension. ... LT Joe Thomas was full-go after being limited in recent OTAs. ... Pettine confirmed rookie LG Joel Bitonio injured his ankle but said he is expected to be ready for training camp. Jadon Sancho Jersey . -- Two nights after losing to the Eastern Conferences worst team, the Phoenix Coyotes handled the best. Dan-Axel Zagadou Jersey . According to a report from the Vancouver Province, the Lions are expected to replace former DC Rich Stubler with defensive backs coach Mark Washington. http://www.dortmundfcshop.com/c-15-shin ... ersey.aspx. Louis Cardinals for the National League Wild Card, are in the drivers seat as they open the final series of the regular season, but they face a large task in the form of the Philadelphia Phillies. Andriy Yarmolenko Jersey . Claude Noel will be the man behind the bench when the team hits the ice of the MTS Centre to begin its inaugural season. Andre Schurrle Jersey . As the schedule flipped from November to December, they would go on to drop five straight, falling six games below the .500 mark before a franchise-altering trade turned them into an unrecognizable team.The Los Angeles Angels will hope that Garrett Richards can bounce back from his first loss in nearly two months as the right-hander takes the mound on Wednesday evening for the second contest of a three-game set with the Baltimore Orioles. Richards is coming off a 6-4 loss to Detroit on Thursday, one that put an end his seven-decision winning streak. He yielded four runs on seven hits and two walks over six innings, the most runs he gave up in a start since his last previous setback on May 30. He was charged with five runs in just two-thirds of an inning at Oakland in that one. Against the Tigers, Richards gave up seven hits for the first time since yielding 10 on May 19 and he failed to reach seven innings of work for the first time in six starts. "Garrett got some pitches in the zone and their guys caught up to them," Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. The 26-year-old is still a solid 11-3 with a 2.62 earned run average on the season and will try to improve on his subpar career numbers against the Orioles. In five previous meetings, with just one start, Richards is 0-1 with a 9.00 ERA. Baltimore righty Kevin Gausman, meanwhile, will square off against one of the top pitchers in the league for a third straight start. He lost against Oaklands Sonny Gray back on July 20, but then held his own on Friday in a no- decision against Seattle and stud hurler Felix Hernandez. The 23-year-old kept the Orioles in the game by giving up one run on seven hits and three walks over 6 2/3 innings and Baltimore was able to claim a 2-1 victory in extra innings. It marked the sixth time in nine starts this year that Gausman allowed one run orr fewer and he is 4-3 with a 3.dddddddddddd.67 ERA. He faces the Angels for the first time looking to secure a quick series win after the Orioles claimed a 7-6 win on Tuesday in 12 innings. Manny Machado had the winning hit, belting a leadoff shot in the frame off Angels reliever Cory Rasmus for his first career walk-off homer. "Once I hit it I knew it was out," Machado said. "I had chills running around the bases." The American League-East leading Orioles improved to 12-3 in extra innings, including 6-0 in July. Nick Markakis hit a three-run homer for Baltimore, which was coming off a successful 6-4 road trip and is 2 1/2 games ahead of the Toronto Blue Jays for first place in the division, with the New York Yankees 4 1/2 games off the pace. Josh Hamilton homered and drove in three runs during a three-hit night for the Angels, who had won four of five entering the set but dropped 2 1/2 games back of Oakland for first place in the AL West. "We had some opportunities and couldnt get it done," Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. The Orioles slugged their way to victory without first baseman Chris Davis, who was held out of the lineup and sent home by the club due to flu-like symptoms. His status for this game is unknown Dealing with flu-like symptoms, Chris Davis was out of the lineup for Tuesdays series opener against the Angels at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. The slugger was sent home for the day. Davis slugged 53 homes and drove in 138 runs last year, but is batting a mere .199 in 2014 with 17 homers and 51 RBI. The Orioles have won eight of their last 11 versus the Angels. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00