MarsVenus Logo
Aktuelle Zeit: 18.09.2018, 23:41

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 12.03.2018, 07:15 
Olympiareiftipper

LOS ANGELES -- Chris Arreola once wanted to win football championships at Southern California. Now that hes heading to the USC campus with a shot at a heavyweight title instead, hes determined not to waste it. Arreola (36-3, 31 KOs) has never been a boxer who seemed to worry much about missed opportunities, but the hard-hitting brawler from Riverside, Calif., realizes whats at stake when he faces Bermane Stiverne on May 10 at the Galen Center in downtown Los Angeles. "This is everything I always wanted to have, so I cant let it get away," Arreola said. The winner gets the vacant WBC heavyweight title, replacing the retired Vitali Klitschko. Nearly five years after Klitschko beat him just down Figueroa Street at Staples Center, Arreola has another chance to become the first Mexican-American heavyweight champion. Those stakes are enough to get the attention of Arreola, whose wavering professionalism and weight problems have defined him nearly as much as his punishing punches. Stiverne (23-1-1, 20 KOs) beat Arreola a year ago in a clear decision, announcing his own arrival as a contender by breaking Arreolas nose in the third round. Arreola acknowledged giving a poor effort in training for the bout at home in Riverside. "Ive been ready for this fight since I got out of the ring with (Stiverne) last year," Arreola said. "Ive got to stay in the gym. Ive got to stay committed to the sport I love so much." To that end, Arreolas trainer, Henry Ramirez, has moved their camp to San Diego, hoping its far enough away from Arreolas familiar haunts and questionable influences in Riverside. Ramirez moved Arreola to Phoenix to prepare for his fight against Seth Mitchell last September, and a fit, focused Arreola responded by stopping Mitchell in the first round. Arreola is aware of the biggest obstacle in his boxing career, and it isnt his opponent. "Im my own worst enemy," he said. "Im my danger. When Im at home, its 15 miles to my gym, and Ill find something. Ill get a flat (tire) on accident. In San Diego, theres only one set of car keys. If I want to do something, Ive got to run or walk, and you know how much I like to do that." Stiverne, a Haitian-born heavyweight living in Florida, is a relatively late arrival to title contention, although that didnt stop his promoter, Don King, from referring to the 35-year-old fighter as "a young Tyson." Stiverne hasnt lost since July 2007, but hasnt fought since soundly beating Arreola. Stiverne hoped for a shot at Klitschko late last year, but Klitschko had an injured right hand. Arreolas rematch with Stiverne is the second of three high-profile boxing shows in the Los Angeles area in a four-week span this spring. Lucas Matthysse, Keith Thurman and Omar Figueroa Jr. all will appear on an outdoor card in Carson on April 26, while Juan Manuel Marquez faces Mike Alvarado on May 17 in the sports return to the refurbished Forum in Inglewood. Brian Cushing Jersey .J. Barea during a three-game shooting slump that was getting him booed off his home court with regularity. Stephen Anderson Jersey . He spent the rest of the game making up for lost playing time. Green scored a career-high 36 points, including eight in overtime, and the Phoenix Suns beat Denver 112-107 on Tuesday night to hand the Nuggets their fifth consecutive loss. http://www.footballtexansgearsshop.com/. Klein went undrafted in the NFL last year following his senior season with the Wildcats. He was invited to the Houston Texans rookie camp, but was not offered a contract. Alfred Blue Jersey . The Brewers finalized a US$36 million, three-year contract with free agent third baseman Aramis Ramirez on Wednesday, adding a much-needed bat to their lineup. Custom Houston Texans Jerseys .Y. -- Sore nose and all, Sidney Crosby had a goal and three assists to help Pittsburgh beat Buffalo 5-3 on Friday night, snapping the Penguins mini-slump and slowing the Sabres late-season surge.Romain Grosjean has been given a new chassis for the Monaco GP by his Haas team. After scoring points in the first two races of the season, the team have struggled over the last month, culminating in an irate Grosjean describing his car as undriveable during the Chinese GP when he finished just 19th.The team have now heeded Grosjeans complaints - with the Frenchman still unhappy with how the front end of his car behaved in Barcelona two weeks ago - by providing him with a new chassis for this weeks Monaco GP. Everyone is trying to get the chassis to what it was, Grosjean told Sky Sports News HQ.We changed the chassis to come here to make sure there is no doubt about it, and we did some good testing in Barcelona after the race, so Im hopeful I can jump in the car, get some good sensations, and come back for a good grand prix. Team-mate Esteban Gutierrez, who has yet to score a point since returning to F1 with the Haas outfit, will continue with his previous hub.Grosjean, meanwhile, will wear a helmet dedicated to the memory of Jules Bianchi, the former Marussia driver who died last July from injuries sustained at the 2014 Japanese GP, this weekend. Five monthss before his crash at Suzuka, Bianchi had scored Manors first points in F1 at the 2014 Monaco GP.dddddddddddd.Jules is still one of us, said Grosjean. He was a good friend. He did an amazing race here back in 2014, he scored the only two points for Marussia. I wish I could have gone for the full [helmet] design, but the rules changed a little bit.Hes always with me on the helmet and I want to keep it [that way] until the end of my career. He was a friend, he was a young man, and he was a very talented driver. But, more than that, he was just a really good person to know. Asked if F1 should consider renaming a corner in memory of the popular Frenchman, Grosjean replied: It would be nice. His dad is starting a foundation to help finance the knowledge in go-karts, helping people to understand the safety and so on. It would be nice to have a corner named after Jules as well, Id be the first to go there. Also See: Get tickets to Silverstone Sky F1: Every race live in 2016 When is the Monaco GP on Sky F1? Can Hamilton break his Monaco hoodoo? Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00