MarsVenus Logo
Aktuelle Zeit: 23.03.2018, 08:25

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+01:00

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 10.03.2018, 08:44 

NASHVILLE -- Bo Wallace wanted redemption for his poor play in the Egg Bowl. The Mississippi quarterback made sure the Rebels finished the season as winners. Wallace ran for two touchdowns and threw for another score, and Ole Miss beat Georgia Tech 25-17 Monday in the Music City Bowl for the Rebels second straight bowl victory under coach Hugh Freeze. The redshirt junior quarterback and Tennessee native made up for his three turnovers in the Egg Bowl overtime loss by throwing for 256 yards and running for 86 more, giving him the school record for total yards in a season and most completions in a season, topping Eli Manning for both. "I knew I needed to have a good game," said Wallace, also chosen the bowls MVP. "At the same time, I thought all day sometimes I try to make too many plays. I think all day I was thinking, Dont try to make too many plays. Just make the plays that are there. Thats what I did today." Freeze said he knew from watching Wallace prepare for this game that how the Rebels lost to rival Mississippi State last month didnt sit well with the quarterback. "Nor did it me," Freeze said. "And we didnt really have to talk about it a whole lot. I liked the way he prepared, and I was proud he was able to have the game he had today." Ole Miss (8-5) now has won six straight bowls and 10 of the last 11 in making up for the lone loss in that stretch in the 2000 Music City Bowl. The Rebels came in tied with Auburn and Florida State, who play Jan. 6 for the BCS national championship, for the longest bowl winning streak. "I didnt want to screw that up today," Freeze said. "So Im glad to win two bowl games in our first two years. With what we inherited, I think says were heading in the right direction for sure. It is a very positive step." Georgia Tech (7-6) has lost eight of nine bowls. The Yellow Jackets scored 10 points in the fourth quarter as they tried to rally before a safety with 4:22 left ended their last chance. "We didnt play well enough in any facet to win the game," Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson said. "We were fortunate that we had a chance at the end to come back and win." Yellow Jackets lineman Adam Gotsis, who also blocked an extra point, knocked down a 32-yard field goal attempt by Andrew Ritter giving Georgia Tech the ball at their own 20 with 4:36 left trailing 23-17. But Georgia Tech lost 5 yards on the first play, then Vad Lee flipped the ball to Corey Dennis on a reverse with the receiver apparently looking to throw when he fumbled under pressure. Right tackle Ray Beno covered up the ball in the end zone for the safety. Freeze said he thought it might have been a touchdown but was glad to get some points. Johnson wishes his player had just tried to run for what he could get. "Its disappointing," Johnson said. Ole Miss finally punted back to Georgia Tech with 37 seconds left. Senquez Golson intercepted Lee on the next play to seal the victory for the Rebels in the bowl, sponsored by Franklin American Mortgage Company. With a month to prepare, Ole Miss shut down the nations fourth-best rushing offence. Georgia Tech came in averaging 311.7 yards per game, and the Rebels smothered the Yellow Jackets, holding them to just 151 yards on the ground. Ole Miss held the ball for nearly 33 minutes and had a 477-298 edge in total offence. "Thats why its so difficult to play them probably in a short amount of time," Freeze said. "Youre going to be forced to play some of your base stuff. We were able to get some different stuff in." Ole Miss had a 23-7 lead when the Yellow Jackets scored 10 straight points. Harrison Butker capped a 64-yard drive with a 38-yard field goal in the opening seconds of the fourth quarter, then D.J. White intercepted a Wallace pass intended for Donte Moncrief. On the next play, Lee found Darren Waller for a 72-yard catch-and-run for a TD with 13:25 left. Wallace helped Ole Miss lead 13-7 at halftime as he capped the opening possession for Ole Miss with a 17-yard run for a touchdown, and he connected with Moncrief on a 28-yard TD catch where the receiver went down the right sideline and then held the ball out at the pylon for the score in the second quarter. But Gotsis blocked the extra point. Ritter also missed a 29-yard field goal later in the quarter that was so low it bounced off the crossbar. Georgia Tech looked impressive with its opening 14-play, 74-yard drive, and senior Robert Godhigh scored on an 8-yard run that tied the game. The Yellow Jackets also hurt themselves with a fake punt attempt in the second when punter Sean Poole tripped short of the line of scrimmage on fourth-and-11 at midfield. 20:16ET 30-12-13 Juanfran Jersey .com) - The Los Angeles Dodgers and Philadelphia Phillies have finalized their agreed-upon trade that sends former National League MVP Jimmy Rollins to the West Coast for a pair of minor league pitching prospects. Yannick Carrasco Jersey . There are some early surprises in the race for the Hart Trophy, but two of the contenders are the leagues biggest stars over the past decade. There are many more players in contention for the awards than just the three that Ive named, and a good or bad week can easily alter the landscape, but through the first 20 or so games of the NHL season, this is how the awards races look to me. http://www.socceratleticomadridonline.u ... ersey/.com) - New England Patriots starting center Bryan Stork will not play in Sundays AFC Championship against Indianapolis due to a knee injury the rookie sustained last week. Stefan Savic Jersey .Former NBA forward Morris Peterson has been added to TSNs Toronto Raptors broadcast team. Filipe Luis Jersey . - Zac Leslie scored two goals and assisted on two more, and Justin Nichols made 34 saves as the Guelph Storm blanked the Kitchener Rangers 6-0 in Ontario Hockey League action on Sunday.SEATTLE -- Learning that former Padres Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn had died completely changed Chris Youngs outlook on pitching against his former team. "I think any fun about pitching against them disappeared this morning with the news of Tony passing," the Mariners right-hander said after Seattles 5-1 win over San Diego on Monday night. "My condolences go out to his family, the Padres organization, the city of San Diego. He meant a lot to everyone there and Im grateful I had the opportunity to work with him and get to know him." The loss capped a sombre day for the Padres organization. Gwynn, 54, died Monday morning of oral cancer, a disease he attributed to years of chewing tobacco. "Even though were away from San Diego I think the Mariners did a good job of putting Tony out there," Padres manager Bud Black said. Kyle Seager hit a three-run homer in the first inning, Brad Miller added a solo shot, and Young threw six shutout innings against his former team. San Diego was on the verge of being shut out by Young (6-4) and a pair of relievers until Carlos Quentin hit a solo homer leading off the ninth. But Gwynn was on everyones mind at Safeco Field. Seattle honoured Gwynn with a video tribute and moment of silence before the game and put a 19 on the dirt in the hole between the shortstop and third baseman. Gwynn called that the "5.5 hole" and many of his 3,141 hits went through it. San Diego added black armbands to its uniform in honour of Gwynn, and his No. 19 jersey hung in the Padres dugout. His jersey also was scattered among fans in attendance. "He is the city of San Diego. You talk Padres baseball, Tony Gwynn is everything there," Young said. Seagers homer came on a 3-0 pitch from San Diego starter Tyson Ross (6-6). Coming off a 4-for-4 performance on Sunday, Seager was given the green light and hit his 10th homer of the season. Miller followed with a ssolo homer an inning later.dddddddddddd. Robinson Cano added an RBI double as Seattle scored all five runs in the first two innings. Seager leads Seattle in home runs and has seven hits in his last 10 at-bats with six RBIs. James Jones also stole three bases and scored twice for Seattle. "Its a good feeling that the skipper has confidence in you, thats always good," Seager said. "In that situation I had seen a couple of pitches ... when you get the opportunity you have to make sure you capitalize and get a ball in the air. Young was once an All-Star for the Padres and has become a valuable acquisition since joining Seattle at the end of spring training. After losing his last two starts, Young gave up two hits in the first inning and then cruised. He retired 16 of the final 19 batters he faced, giving up a pair of singles and issuing one walk. He matched his season high with six strikeouts. Joe Beimel, who gave up the final home run in Gwynns career, pitched one inning of relief for Seattle. Tom Wilhelmsen then got the final six outs, but couldnt complete the shutout giving up Quentins third homer of the season. Ross had allowed only one homer in his previous six starts, but struggled all night. He walked a career-high seven and at least one in every inning. Ross pitched into the sixth inning and helped save the Padres bullpen. "My command wasnt very sharp tonight," Ross said. "I kind of grinded through some innings there and overall just wasnt in the strike zone early and often enough." NOTES: Young has now faced all 30 teams in the majors. ... Seattle hopes to send injured 1B Justin Smoak (quad) out on a rehab assignment Wednesday. Corey Hart (hamstring) and Michael Saunders (shoulder) could join Smoak on rehab assignments by the end of the week. ... In 11 career games against Seattle, Gwynn hit .261 (12 for 46) with three doubles and four RBIs. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+01:00