MarsVenus Logo
Aktuelle Zeit: 19.02.2018, 13:10

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+01:00

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 22.01.2018, 08:38 
Meisterschreiber

Two people familiar with the situation say Michael Vick and the Eagles havent ruled out the quarterback returning to Philadelphia. Vick will become a free agent next week, and the four-time Pro Bowl pick has made it clear hell look for an opportunity to be a starter. One person says that if Vick doesnt find the right fit elsewhere, he would consider staying in Philadelphia. Both people spoke to The Associated Press on Thursday on condition of anonymity because theyre not discussing contract negotiations publicly. Nick Foles replaced an injured Vick last year, led the Eagles to an NFC East title and was Pro Bowl MVP. Vick revived his career in Philadelphia, was the APs 2010 Comeback Player of the Year and started in the Pro Bowl that season. But Vick was plagued by injuries over the next three years and lost his starting job to Foles last season after hurting his hamstring in Week 5. Foles had an outstanding year in his second season in the NFL. His passer rating of 119.2 was the third highest in history and he threw 29 touchdowns and only two interceptions in 14 games, including playoffs. Before going down, Vick played well in his first season in coach Chip Kellys up-tempo offence. Kelly, general manager Howie Roseman and owner Jeffrey Lurie praised Vicks leadership skills and the way he handled being the No. 2 guy. Vick has an excellent relationship with Foles and hes respected in the locker room. The New York Jets might be interested in giving Vick a chance to compete with Geno Smith. Jets offensive co-ordinator Marty Mornhinweg held that position with the Eagles when Vick had the best season of his career in 2010. Tampa Bay, Oakland and Minnesota also could be interested in Vick, who is the class of a thin free-agent market for quarterbacks. Vikings running back Adrian Peterson already has lobbied for his team to sign Vick. The 2012 NFL MVP tweeted that Vick would make the Vikings a playoff team. Thats all speculation until Vick starts talking to teams next week. Hell base his decision on several factors, including a comfortable environment for his family. Vick, who turns 34 in July, hasnt started more than 13 games in a season since 2006. But when healthy, Vick remains one of the leagues most dynamic playmakers. William Jackson Jersey . Advancing to the Champions League quarterfinals should be a formality after Lionel Messi scored a penalty and Dani Alves added a late second to secure a commanding 2-0 advantage over City in the round of 16 on Tuesday. Kevin Huber Jersey . Winners of two straight, the Flames will try to become the first team in 25 years to go three consecutive games without taking a penalty Saturday night in San Jose. http://www.officialbengalsprofanatics.c ... gs-Jersey/. 9 Baylor Bears just needed some time to get on track in their first game after the Christmas break. Shawn Williams Jersey .ca look back at each of the Top 10 stories of 2013. Today, we look back at LeBron James and the Miami Heat winning their second straight NBA championship. Adam Jones Jersey . Rajne Soderberg, the director of the Stockholm Diamond League event, said in an email Friday that the ban still holds. Euromeetings, the organization representing Europes top track events, "will continue to recommend that members do not invite athletes who we believe cause disrepute to our meetings and our sport. LONDON -- Less than a year after pushing to leave Manchester United, Wayne Rooney committed his long-term future to the struggling Premier League champion on Friday by signing a lucrative contract through June 2019. The 28-year-old forwards future at United has been uncertain since Chelsea tried to sign him last year, and he had only 18 months remaining on his current deal. But Rooney now looks set to end his playing career at the club he has been at since 2004 after signing a contract reportedly worth around 300,000 pounds ($500,000) a week. The deal makes Rooney the leagues top earner, and softens the blow of potentially not playing against Europes elite clubs next season. In the first season since David Moyes replaced Alex Ferguson, United is seventh in the league with 12 matches remaining, 11 points from Englands fourth Champions League berth. "Its not a massive concern for me," Rooney said on his personal website. "This is because I know the direction that this club is going in, and if we dont make it this season then we will come back stronger and claim a Champions League spot next season. "Lets not forget we still have a chance this year. Some of the other teams are playing well, but we have a strong squad here and if we have a positive end to the season then who knows what can happen." The England national team star has been at United almost a decade, since leaving an Everton team then managed by Moyes. In 403 United appearances, Rooney has scored 208 goals, putting him fourth on the clubs career list, 41 behind record-holder Bobby Charlton. "Wayne has been the best player in England since I put him into the Everton first team in 2003," Moyes said.dddddddddddd. "Since becoming United manager in July last year, I have enjoyed working with him and seeing just how he has developed his incredible talent. As part of the new contract, Rooney will become a club ambassador when his playing career ends. He already is central to the clubs global marketing operation as one of the teams most high-profile players. "Ive been here since I was 18 and this contract will take me through to my 30s, which is almost my entire professional career," Rooney said. "Ive played most of my best football here and am looking forward to hopefully playing even better football in the next few years." Moyes is delighted to have prevented Rooney from joining a rival. "Everyone would want him in their team," Moyes said. "There were clubs who did want him. There were clubs who would have wanted him, but there was never going to be a chance he was going to leave Manchester United, certainly not on my watch." Convincing Rooney to stay, having already broken the clubs transfer record to sign midfielder Juan Mata last month, should help Moyes persuade other players to join as he looks to strengthen the squad. "Part of the rebuilding is making sure that you keep the players you really want to keep," Moyes said. "We are looking to bring the best players in the world to the club. I think Wayne Rooney is one of them. I will be looking to make more signings in the summer and hopefully add to the quality we already have got." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+01:00