MarsVenus Logo
Aktuelle Zeit: 18.01.2018, 12:42

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+01:00

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 10.01.2018, 08:45 
Mittagspausentipper

San Diego, CA (SportsNetwork.com) - Former San Diego Padres player Mark Kotsay has been named the clubs new hitting coach, manager Bud Black announced Monday. Kotsay, who retired from a 17-year major league career after the 2013 season, replaces Phil Plantier, dismissed shortly after the conclusion of this years campaign after the Padres ranked last in the majors in the majority of offensive categories. The soon-to-be 39-year-old Kotsay spent last season in San Diegos front office as a special assistant to the general manager. Kotsay recorded a lifetime .276 average with 127 home runs over 1,914 career games with seven different teams, which included stints with the Padres from 2001-03 and 2012-13. He batted .314 and finished fifth in the American League with 190 hits while with the Oakland Athletics in 2004. Were excited to bring Mark on board to our major league staff, said Black. Marks career as a player, teammate and team leader speaks for itself. His knowledge, work ethic, competiveness and personality will greatly impact our major league club, as well as our entire organization. The Padres finished 30th in the majors in runs scored (535), hits (1,199), batting average (.226), on-base percentage (.292) and slugging percentage (.342) in 2014. San Diego was shut out 19 times, was no-hit by San Franciscos Tim Lincecum in June and finished that month with a .171 batting average -- the lowest single-month mark by a team in the modern era. Garrett Richards Jersey . Torres scored the first goal by an English team in the knockout phase of the Champions League this season when he met Cezar Azpilicuetas cutback in the ninth minute of their first leg match in the last 16. But Chelsea failed to make the most of its counterattacks and the Turkish champions equalized in the second half after gaining in confidence and cutting out their defensive mistakes. Brandon Phillips Jersey . Levante, which had lost five straight including a Copa del Rey game last weekend, fell behind at its Ciutat de Valencia stadium when Ionut Sapanura opened the scoring for Elche in the 26th minute. http://www.baseballangelslockroom.com/n ... ls-jersey/. Bostons bats exploded in Mondays opener, as David Ortiz belted a pair of two-run homers, Stephen Drew homered and drove in four runs and the Red Sox pummeled the Blue Jays, 14-1. Ben Revere Jersey .com) - Marc Gasol and the Grizzlies withstood 18 Dallas 3-pointers, as Memphis took control in the third quarter and fended off a Mavericks rally en route to a 114-105 win in a Southwest Division showdown. Ricky Nolasco Jersey . Carling Bassett-Seguso was a world No. 8 almost 30 years ago. Currently 13th, Bouchard is assured of equalling that when the next rankings are released Monday. BALTIMORE -- Manny Machado will have to wait at least another day before making his season debut with the Baltimore Orioles. Machado joined his teammates and was poised to be activated from the 15-day disabled list before rain postponed Tuesday nights game against the Pittsburgh Pirates. The game has been rescheduled for Thursday night, previously a day off for both teams. Machado hasnt played for Baltimore since undergoing left knee surgery last October. The 2013 All-Star third baseman wont formally come off the DL until the next day the Orioles are to play a game, manager Buck Showalter said. Rain is in the forecast Wednesday, too. Machado is ready to play, rain or shine. "Im here to play baseball," he said, "If it is snow, if it is rain, if it is whatever." After a rehabilitation assignment that consisted of playing three games for Class A Frederick, Machado was convinced hes ready to compete again at the major league level. "The last couple days definitely helped," he said. "I felt ready a couple days ago. ... It was just a matter of getting the repetitions. I feel good. Thats the main thing. I feel great. My body feels good, everything feels good. Im jusst excited to be up here.dddddddddddd" The 21-year-old Machado hit .283 with 14 homers, 71 RBIs and 51 doubles last year, his first full season in the majors. He will fill the roster spot vacated by slugger Chris Davis, who went on the 15-day disabled list Sunday with a strained left oblique. Machado will also provide stability defensively next to fellow Gold Glove winner J.J. Hardy. "We played 156, 157 games together on the left side of the infield last year, so its going to be nice to be looking over to my right and being pretty familiar with each other," Hardy said. "Were all happy to a have him back." Machado insists theres no play defensively that he would be reluctant to make. "Im ready to play baseball. Im going to go out there and make whatever play comes my way," he said. "I made a couple of nice plays in the lower levels, and I feel good defensively. I feel great (there). Im not concerned about anything. Im a baseball player, and Ive been doing this my whole life. Im just going to go out there, and whatever comes my way, just go out there and do it and play some baseball and have some fun at the same while Im doing it." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+01:00