MarsVenus Logo
Aktuelle Zeit: 22.10.2018, 01:27

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 20.09.2018, 09:49 
Meisterschreiber

CHICAGO -- White Sox rookie Jose Abreu just keeps slugging, regardless of the pedigree of the pitcher hes facing. Abreu hit his 20th homer and Adam Dunn added a three-run shot as Chicago beat San Francisco 7-6 on Wednesday, handing the Giants their fifth straight loss. Abreu reached 20 homers in his 58th game, the third fewest in major league history behind Wally Berger (51 games) and Mark McGwire (56 games). The Cuban first baseman lined an 0-2 offspeed pitch from three-time All-Star Tim Hudson deep into the left-field bullpen for a two-run homer in the first inning . Hes also homered off Cy Young winners David Price, Clayton Kershaw and Justin Verlander so far this year. "Were happy with what hes doing," manager Robin Ventura said. "Hes getting some hits and important RBIs against some great pitchers, so thats a good sign." Abreu didnt know his 20th homer moved him into elite company. "I wasnt aware of this happening, but its a great thing and I welcome it," the 27-year-old said through a translator. "Im just going to continue to help the team win, and thats what its all about right now." White Sox ace Chris Sale (6-1) laboured, giving up three runs and eight hits through six-plus innings. The left-hander allowed 11 baserunners and at least one in all but one inning, but he walked only one and struck out seven. "I was good, but my fastball command was a little shaky," Sale said. "I really had to battle through it." "Obviously, you know youve got your hands full with Hudson on the other side over there. Hes been nothing short of dominant all year," he said. Hudson (7-3) struggled in his shortest start of the year, permitting seven runs and 12 hits in 4 2-3 innings. He entered the game with an MLB-leading 1.81 ERA. "You score six runs on a day I pitch, we should win these games," Hudson said "For me, thats the frustrating part." "Giving up seven runs with a pitcher like they put out there in Sale, thats a tough hole to put those guys in." Ronald Belisario pitched the final 1 2-3 innings to earn his seventh save. San Francisco has allowed 35 runs in its last five games, and 53 in losing eight of its last nine. "You get the hitting, the pitchers, they have their moments," manager Bruce Bochy said "Thats what really puts you in a losing streak, but the only way you get out of it, hey, you focus forward and keep going hard." Tyler Flowers singled up the middle with the bases loaded in the fourth to drive in two runs and extend Chicagos lead to 4-0. The Giants cut it to 4-2 in the fifth when Buster Posey singled in a run and Pablo Sandoval hit a sacrifice fly. Dunns homer to right against Hudson with none out in the bottom of the inning put Chicago up 7-2. Sale was replaced by Jake Petricka with none out in the seventh after Juan Perez singled and Gregor Blanco walked. The Giants loaded the bases, but got only one run, on Poseys sacrifice fly to make it 7-3. Blanco doubled in a run and Hunter Pence drove in another with a grounder off Zach Putnam. The Giants added their final run in the ninth on Tyler Colvins sacrifice fly. NOTES: Dunns homer was his 452nd, tying him for 35th with Carl Yastrzemski. ... Sale made his first career start against San Francisco. He hit two batters in the game after hitting only one all season. ... The game started 12 minutes late because of rain. ... Giants OF Angel Pagan (lower back) was out of the lineup for a third straight game and is listed as day-to-day. ... Posey was back behind the plate. He was at DH on Tuesday night after taking a foul off mask on Sunday. ... The White Sox open an 11-game road trip on Thursday night at Minnesota. Chicagos Jose Quintana (3-7) is scheduled to face Minnesotas Yohan Pino, who will make his MLB debut. ... The Giants next game is at Arizona on Friday. Tim Lincecum (5-4) will face Josh Collmenter (4-4). http://www.officialraidersgear.com/Raiders-Willie-Brown-Draft-Jersey/ . The Bulls seem to be getting along fine without him. D.J. Augustin scored 27 points in a start for Kirk Hinrich and Taj Gibson matched a career high with 26 filling in for Carlos Boozer as the Bulls improved to 7-2 since trading the popular Deng with a 98-87 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday night. Ted Hendricks Jersey . In a matter of days, he went from unwanted to wanted, from fired to hired, from discarded by the Philadelphia Eagles with reputation tarnished to rock star treatment and a new fat contract from the Washington Redskins. http://www.officialraidersgear.com/Raid ... ft-Jersey/. After falling 5-0 on home ice in a game that could have tied them for second in the wild card standings, Washington head coach Adam Oates had some strong words for Capitals superstar Alex Ovechkin. http://www.officialraidersgear.com/Raiders-Lyle-Alzado-Draft-Jersey/ . The 29-year-old German, the 2011 overall World Cup champion, says she has decided "to end my career now. Connor Cook Jersey .James scored 29 points, including 16 in the first quarter, and the Cleveland Cavaliers broke a four-game losing streak with a 106-74 win over the Orlando Magic on Monday night.BALTIMORE -- Dustin McGowan has endured injuries and operations, long stints on the disabled list and countless rehab assignments to keep his baseball career afloat. It all paid off Friday night, when the Toronto right-hander earned his first victory since 2008 with an effective and emotional effort at Baltimore. McGowan allowed five hits over 6 1-3 innings, and the Blue Jays used two unearned runs to beat Chris Tillman and the Orioles 2-0. Making his second start since September 2011, McGowan (1-1) walked one, hit two batters and struck out two. He had faced the Orioles 13 times previously -- going 0-3 with a 6.99 ERA and allowing 50 hits in 37 1-3 innings. McGowan spent time on the disabled list in each of the last six seasons. He had shoulder surgery in 2008 and 2010 and missed the entire 2012 season. In his debut this year, he didnt make it out of the third inning in a loss to the New York Yankees. Against Baltimore, however, McGowan allowed only one runner past second base. "Its kind of a sentimental night, you know, one of those deals," Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said. "Hes come a long way and he answered the bell. He had a rough one, his first one, and he bounced back tonight against a good-hitting ballclub. Yeah, its very rewarding for not only him but for everybody that knows him." The 32-year-old McGowan couldnt have been much happier. "I think the most important thing is just feeling good," he said. "I got the opportunity to pitch again and thats all I could ask for. Just trying to make the best of it." After McGowan left, Brett Cecil got five straight outs and Sergio Santos worked a perfect ninth for his fourth save. It all added up to McGowans first win since June 22, 2008. "Hes always been one of the top guys here since he got drafted by the Blue Jays," Gibbons said. "The organization has expected big things out of him. Hes had some tough luck along the way. Who knows how the season will finish out? But hes off to a good start, thats for sure." Tillman (1-1) allowed three hits over eight innings, lowering his ERA to 0.84. But the right-hander received no offensive support from his teammates, who were coming off a three-game series against the Yankees iin which they collected 40 hits.dddddddddddd Two throwing errors by third baseman Jonathan Schoop provided Toronto with a 2-0 lead in the fourth. Jose Bautista reached on Schoops first errant toss and came around to score on the rookies second misfire. Dioner Navarro followed with a potential double-play grounder, but the relay to first base from shortstop Ryan Flaherty skipped past Tillman, allowing another run to score. "Its baseball. It could have happened early on in the game when I was missing (pitches) and we wouldnt even be talking about it," Tillman said. Schoop made no excuses. "I just like threw it away," he said. "I wish I played better defence for Tillman. He pitched a great game. Ill learn from it, be better tomorrow." In the fifth, Baltimore hit three straight two-out singles to load the bases for cleanup hitter Adam Jones, who flied out to centre. "A lot of guys hit balls right at guys. Its just how it is with this game," Jones said. "There will be days when we bloop them and they all find a home, but tonight, nothing. Crickets out there." McGowan had a lot to do with it. "You tip your cap," Jones said. "They pitched a good game." NOTES: Baltimore SS J.J. Hardy missed a fifth consecutive game with back spasms but expects to return Saturday. He received a cortisone shot Thursday and practiced Friday. ... Right-hander Bud Norris returns from a six-day layoff to start for Baltimore on Saturday against Toronto RHP Drew Hutchison. ... Ravens CB Lardarius Webb threw out the ceremonial first pitch. ... Toronto SS Jose Reyes (hamstring) participated in running drills prior to the game. Hes expected to run the bases Saturday and then could "head out in the next few days" for a rehab assignment, according to Gibbons. ... Bautista has reached base in all 11 games (13 walks, seven hits). ... Orioles 3B Manny Machado (knee) will get two at-bats in a simulated game Saturday but will not run the bases. ... Toronto leadoff hitter Melky Cabrera singled in the eighth to extend his hitting streak to 11 games. ... Orioles LHP Brian Matusz was absent with an illness and did not show up at the ballpark. Cheap Nuggets Jerseys Cheap Timberwolves Jerseys Cheap Thunder Jerseys Cheap Blazers Jerseys Cheap Jazz Jerseys Cheap Warriors Jerseys Cheap Clippers Jerseys Cheap Lakers Jerseys Cheap Suns Jerseys Cheap Kings Jerseys Cheap Mavericks Jerseys Cheap Rockets Jerseys Cheap Grizzlies Jerseys Cheap Pelicans Jerseys Cheap Spurs Jerseys Cheap Thunder Jerseys Cheap 76ers Jerseys Cheap Knicks Jerseys Cheap Raptors Jerseys Cheap Pistons Jerseys Cheap Team USA Basketball Jerseys ' ' '

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00