MarsVenus Logo
Aktuelle Zeit: 15.08.2018, 14:48

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 25.01.2018, 04:15 
Rekordschreiber

SANDY, Utah -- Toronto FC goalkeeper Julio Cesars right knee told the story as he sat in front of his locker late Saturday night. A round of ice and a warm shower had reduced the swelling to about the size of a tennis ball, the lump a clear indication of the physical toll the 3-0 loss to Real Salt Lake took on Cesar and his teammates. Just how much of a mental toll the previously unbeaten Reds endured by the humbling defeat will be revealed in the coming days. "We just have to be honest with ourselves to know theres still a lot of work to do," said midfielder Michael Bradley. "Tonight is a good reminder of that." Toronto allowed two goals in the first 28 minutes and chased the scoreboard the rest of the night. Doneil Henrys takedown of Alvaro Saborio led to a penalty kick in the 11th minute, and the games first goal. Luis Gil sent a deflection past Cesar with his left foot 17 minutes later to put the Reds (2-0-1) in unfamiliar territory for the first time on the young season. "It was uncharacteristic of us in terms of goals we gave away," Toronto coach Ryan Nelsen said. "We dug ourselves a bit of a holea A lot of what we did was very good, but the goals we gave up were not us. That was the real disappointing thing about it." Both teams set the tone early in a physical contest. Bodies collided and players lay strewn on the turf as play continued for long stretches in the opening half. Cesar collided with Real Salt Lake forward Olmes Garcia midway through the second half, which resulted in the goalkeepers swollen knee. By the time Saborio scored again in the 55th minute, the Reds were ready to get out of the altitude and regroup. "We got to just try to keep our heads up," said forward Jermain Defoe, who left the game in the 61st minute with an injured hamstring that he said he "tweaked" in the first half. "Its always hard when you lose the game, because weve been playing so well and you come here confident and lose a game like that." Nelsen said he took Defoe out as a precautionary measure, but downplayed the injury. U.S. Mens National coach Jurgen Klinsmann was in attendance to watch Bradley and three RSL players who will report to camp Sunday in Phoenix, Ariz. Toronto nearly made a game of it early in the second half, but three scoring chances in a five-minute span all missed the mark against goalkeeper Nick Rimando, who recorded his 110th MLS shutout. Bradley hit the left post in the 54th minute, and Defoe and Henry narrowly missed wide and high on good opportunities as the Reds failed in their attempt to start a season 3-0 for the first time in franchise history. Just another sign it wasnt going to be Torontos night. "When you start the game and go down 1-0 early, and not too long after, go down 2-0, it makes a difficult game even more difficult," Bradley said. "We tried in the second half to get to 2-1 and see if we could really push things." Victor Antipin Jersey . The 2014 edition will be the ninth meeting between the Caps and Vikes in a tradition that dates back to 2005. "Since the original Whitecaps, the club has enjoyed fantastic support from fans in Victoria and all across Vancouver Island," said Whitecaps FC president Bob Lenarduzzi. Derek Roy Jersey . Halak did not get the start in the Washington Capitals Tuesday night game against the St. http://www.officialsabreshockeyauthenti ... on-jersey/. The Spanish champions decision not to sign a defender during the January transfer window may have backfired after Valencia took advantage of a lethargic, uninspired effort by its hosts at the Camp Nou, where former Spain coach Luis Aragones -- who previously coached the Catalan side -- was honoured after his death on Saturday. Rasmus Ristolainen Jersey . The defeat leaves the 41-year-old Nestor to concentrate on the mixed-doubles event after winning 12 straight matches and winning Australian titles in Brisbane and Sydney with two different partners. "This was a little bit of a let down, but all credit to them," said Nestor. Linus Ullmark Jersey . This game was inside. Adrian Peterson was missing. The stage was set for another step toward the playoffs.MONACO -- Canadas Milos Raonic opened his clay-court season with a second-round victory over Taiwans Yen Lu-Hsun at the Monte Carlos Masters on Wednesday. The No. 8 seed from Thornhill, Ont., rebounded nicely after dropping a first-set tiebreaker in the 6-7 (4), 6-2, 6-1 victory. "I did a lot of things well today," Raonic said. "I had the discipline I needed when things were not going so well. "I played a clean match, on a lot of his service games I was creating opportunities for myself." Raonic, who had a first-round bye, fired 19 aces and completed the win in just under two hours in cool, windy conditions. He had three set point opportunities in the opening set but couldnt convert. "Even losing the first set, I still had chances in his service games," he said. "During the rest of the match on every game on his serve I was at least getting close. "I felt at ease despite the situation after the end of the first set." The Canadian rallied in the second set with an early break to lead for 2-0, eventually taking a 5-2 lead and serving it out to pull even. He ran away with the third set for the win. Raonic will next play No. 11 Tommy Robredo of Spain, who earned a 4-6, 6-0, 6-1 win over Julien Benneteau of France. "My goal is to do as well as I can this clay season and better than I did last year," said Raonic. "My main focus will be on the tournaments in Madrid and Paris." Also Wednesday, Roger Federer was happier than eight-time champion Rafael Nadal after their straight-sets wins to reach the third round. Federer took just 52 minutes to beat veteran Radek Stepanek 6-1, 6-2, while Nadal overcame a rusty start to put away Teymuraz Gabashvili 6-4, 6-1. The top-seeded Nadal, who lost the title to Novak Djokovic last year, dropped his opening service game and trailed 3-1 in the first set. But from 4-4, the Spaniard reeled off six straight games, then the Russian qualifier broke his serve again. "I think I started little bit slow," Nadal said. "But he was playing very, very aggressive, hitting very strong, with no mistakes." Nadals body language suggested he was far from happy with his performance. At times he looked glum-faced, other times annoyed with his shots.dddddddddddd His serve was vulnerable, too, as he conceded four break-point chances -- including in consecutive service games during the second set. He clinched victory with a crisp forehand winner. "I felt comfortable in the second set," Nadal said. "I think I was playing better. " Federer, returning to the tournament for the first time since 2011, was far more ruthless as he raced to 5-0 in 17 minutes. He improved his record against the 35-year-old Stepanek to 14-2. The Czech has not beaten Federer in six years. "A bit surprised how well it went. On clay, when you have the upper hand from the baseline, its kind of hard to get out of it," Federer said. "Thats kind of how it was for Radek. I had a good start to both sets, I was solid on my own service games. It was clearly a good match to start my clay-court campaign." The fourth-seeded Federer next plays another Czech, Lukas Rosol, who beat Frenchman Michael Llodra 6-4, 6-4, while Nadal plays Italian Andreas Seppi, who won 7-6 (5), 5-7, 6-4 against Spaniard Pablo Andujar. Federer has never won Monte Carlo, losing in three straight finals to Nadal from 2006-08. They cant meet again until the final. Australian Open champion Stanislas Wawrinka, seeded third, was slightly faster than Federer, needing only 46 minutes to thrash Marin Cilic of Croatia 6-0, 6-2. "I expected a more difficult first round against him. I felt good on the court," Wawrinka said. "I know that if I feel good physically, then I am able to put a lot of pressure on my opponent." No. 10 Fabio Fognini of Italy, No. 11 Tommy Robredo, No. 12 Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria and No. 15 Nicolas Almagro -- both Spanish -- also advanced to the third round. Raonic rallied to beat Lu Yen-Hsun of Taiwan 6-7 (4), 6-2, 6-1; Fognini downed Roberto Bautista Agut of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4; Robredo won 4-6, 6-0, 6-1 against Julien Benneteau of France; Dimitrov downed Spaniard Albert Ramos 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 and Almagro beat Nicolas Mahut, 7-6 (3), 6-3. Grand Prix Hassan II winner Guillermo Garcia-Lopez beat No. 17 Alexandr Dolgopolov 6-1, 7-5, and Spaniard Pablo Carreno Busta next faces defending champion Novak Djokovic after winning 6-3, 7-6 (6) against Gael Monfils. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00