MarsVenus Logo
Aktuelle Zeit: 21.08.2018, 21:49

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: ens sport.Im biased because Im a wo
BeitragVerfasst: 24.01.2018, 04:10 
Rekordschreiber

INDIANAPOLIS - Ryan Nassib finally showed the New York Giants how this new offence should look. Crisp, efficient and potent. After three quarters of bumbling around in Indianapolis, the second-year quarterback led New York to two touchdowns in the final four minutes Saturday night. The second came on a 4-yard TD pass to Corey Washington with 55 seconds left —to give the Giants an improbable 27-26 victory against the Indianapolis Colts. "It was definitely a strange game in that way, but it shows that we have some perseverance," Nassib said. "Well play until the games over." For three quarters, the Giants stumbled around. Two-time Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning finished 1 of 7 for 6 yards and was fortunate to have an interception wiped out by a Colts penalty. Backup Curtis Painter, the one-time Indy starter, completed one pass during a first half that the Giants managed only 48 yards and wound up 6 of 15 for 64 yards and one TD. The defence allowed 177 yards in the first two quarters, struggling to force punts, and kickoff returner Quintin Demps even lost a fumble. "Whatever words you want to use to describe it, there was no production," coach Tom Coughlin said when asked about the offence. "Theres nothing to look at from a production standpoint and thats disappointing." Things looked so bleak that when Painter finally got the Giants (3-0) on the scoreboard with 10:16 left in the fourth quarter, on a 3-yard TD pass to Kellen Davis, the smattering of fans left at Lucas Oil Stadium thought it was more of a gimme than the start of a comeback. Sixteen seconds later, though, Spencer Adkins recovered a fumble in the Colts end zone to make it 26-14, and then Nassib started working his late-game magic. He led the Giants on a 92-yard drive, capped by Michael Coxs 2-yard TD run, and then found Washington in the back corner of the end zone. Washington has caught a TD pass in each of the Giants three preseason games, including the winning scores each of the past two weeks. "Hes proven that hes made those big plays before and he did it once again," Nassib said of Washington. The late rally, against Indys backups, ruined what had been a big night for Hakeem Nicks, who signed with Indianapolis (0-2) as a free agent in March after helping the Giants win the Super Bowl in their last trip to Lucas Oil Stadium in February 2012. He showed his old team that he could still play. Nicks caught five passes for 53 yards, accounting for most of Andrew Lucks production on a night Reggie Wayne was again held out. Luck wound up 12 of 18 for 89 yards with one TD. All week Nicks held his emotions in check, telling reporters all the right things. On Saturday night, he looked as if he had all the right moves, too, with the exception of a couple of goodbye waves to his ex-teammates as he headed out of bounds. The second time he did it, the refs flagged him for unsportsmanlike conduct wiping out a 36-yard gain and getting a brief lecture from coach Chuck Pagano. "He knew what he did, what that discussion was going to be like," Pagano said. The penalty didnt stop Nicks or the Colts. On the next play, he caught an 8-yard pass for a first down, and opened the second quarter with a 17-yard catch that eventually led to Adam Vinatieris second field goal of the game, a 42-yarder that made it 13-0. Matt Hasselbeck replaced Luck on the next series and promptly threw a 14-yard TD pass to DaRick Rogers to make it 20-0 at halftime, and two field goals from Cody Parkey made it 26-0 early in the fourth — a lead that looked safe. Painters TD pass and Adkins fumble recovery gave the Giants a glimmer of hope and Nassib made it happen by overcoming two offensive penalties and converting two fourth-down chances by hooking up with Washington for the winner. "We challenged them at halftime," Coughlin said. "I wanted us to come out in the second half and see who loved football. It was primarily the end of the second group and then the third group that did it." Notes: Four New York players left the game with injuries: Cornerback Prince Amukamara (groin), offensive tackle Charles Brown (shoulder), defensive tackle Markus Kuhn (elbow) and safety Cooper Taylor (toe). Coughlin did not have a postgame update. ... Manning said he is comfortable in the offence but that the Giants are still trying to understand all the nuances. ... Pagano said the Colts did not sustain any significant injuries. John Carlson Jersey . Bryant, who signed a five-year, $34 million contract as a free agent with Cleveland in March, reported symptoms on Monday morning, a team spokesman said. Dale Hunter Jersey . Kelli Stack and Alex Carpenter also scored for the Americans, who avoided a repeat of Finlands upset at the Four Nations Cup in Lake Placid, N.Y., in November. Finnish goalie Noora Raty made 58 saves in that one, but the three-time Olympian could stop just 40 of 43 U. http://www.thecapitalshockeystore.com/C ... ersey/.com) - The Denver Nuggets snapped a losing streak last time out and will try to carry that momentum Saturday night when they welcome the Indiana Pacers to the Pepsi Center. Justin Williams Jersey .Y. -- The New York Islanders were merely content with a lopsided victory. Mike Gartner Jersey . Last year, Islanders forward Colin Mcdonald released a "Do It For Colin" campaign to promote his teammate and friend John Tavares for the EA sports honour:The most popular sports voting video ever has to go to Chris Bosh who showcased his comedic abilities in his effort to get fans to vote him into the 2008 All Star Game:You can vote for TJ and other star players for the NHL 15 cover vote here.Jordanne Whiley completed a hat-trick of Wimbledon doubles titles this year, but has told Sky Sports that she is concentrating on singles success. At the age of 24, Whiley continues to set new standards for British wheelchair tennis, winning the doubles crown at the All England club for the third year running, a few months after taking the French Open title for a second time.But Whiley insists she took particular pride from defending her singles crown at this summers British Open and wants to be recognised for her own accomplishments in the years ahead. Wimbledon is really special, winning that doubles title for the third time, she said. But for me, this year was all about singles.To go and retain my title against the worlds best was a real good achievement for me. Ive done all that I could in doubles. Ive been having singles success since I won the US Open in 2015. Its just got better and better.Whiley has formed a formidable pairing with Japans Yui Kamiji, completing the calendar Grand Slam back in 2014, and she freely admits that leaving her long-term playing partner can be a lonely experience. Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just £6.99. No contract. Mainly its mental, said Whiley.Theres no-one there besides you that can help you through it. If youre having a bad day, its solely on you. You cannot rely on the other person to win it for you. It is really different, but I like that, because if youve won, youve won it on your own. To go and retain my title against the worlds best was a real good achievement for me.Ive done all that I could in doubles.Ive been having singles success since I won the US Open in 2015.Its just got better and better. Jordanne Wiley Whiley won the bronze medal for a second successive Paralympic Games in Rio - again in the doubles - although this was not cause for much celebration as she had been hampered by a painful injury.I was really, really disappointed with the bronze, said Whiley. I guess a lot of people wouldnt understand if they did not know the story behind it.I got injured in my singles match, a bad wrist injury, which put me out. I was really upset, becaause I went there to be on the singles podium.dddddddddddd Jordanne forms a successful doubles pairing with Japans Yui Kamiji Two hours before we went on to play the bronze medal match, I couldnt even hold a racket, it was that bad. I have to thank my medical team for getting me in a position to be able to play. I have really high standards of myself and I do believe that I can win a singles gold medal. Thats why I feel there is unfinished business.She did better the Paralympic tally of her father, Keith, who was himself a 100 metres bronze medallist at the 1984 Paralympics and Whiley acknowledges the importance of having his influence as a strong role model.I try to give out messages to young people to get into sport, especially young disabled people, who feel that they wouldnt be good at it, or they cant do something, said Whiley, who has Osteogenesis Imperfecta. I started out as that person once and now Im where I am now. Whiley celebrates victory at Wimbledon With Womens Sport Week underway, Whiley has thrown her support behind the initiative, and feels there is growing recognition of female sporting achievements.I think were actually going in the right direction with womens rugby, hockey, and Paralympic sport in general, she said.Its really important, because its not shown on television enough, but I love watching womens sport.Im biased because Im a woman, but I feel that they show so much passion and can inspire young women to get into sport as well.Jordanne is one of several GB players who hope to compete at the NEC Wheelchair Tennis Masters 2016 (30 Nov-4 Dec) in London. You can watch Englands tour of Bangladesh, plus Premier League football and the Japan Grand Prix on Sky Sports. Upgrade now and enjoy three months at half price! Also See: WTA Schedule Tennis on Sky Up to £30 Free Matched Bet Video Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00