MarsVenus Logo
Aktuelle Zeit: 22.03.2018, 13:02

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+01:00

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 08.01.2018, 06:13 

RIDGEDALE, Mo. -- Kenny Perry and Russ Cochran teamed to birdie the final three holes for a share of the lead with Jeff Sluman and Fred Funk on Friday in the Champions Tours Legends of Golf. The leaders were at 10-under 61 after their better-ball rounds on the Buffalo Ridge course. "For the most part we hung in there, got the ball in the fairway and had a couple chances most of the time," Cochran said. "Kenny had the eye and when a guys got that, you want to get out of his way." In Savannah, Georgia, last year, Sluman teamed with Brad Faxon to win the Champions Division. Sluman turned to Funk after Faxon was unable to play because of previous commitment. "Were just really comfortable together, No. 1, but we got off to a really good start and that helped," Funk said. "We made some really good putts." Other players opened at Top of the Rock, the first par-3 course used in a PGA Tour-sanctioned event. The teams of Tom Watson-Andy North, Nick Faldo Eduardo Romero and Craig Stadler-Kirk Triplett had the best rounds there, finishing at 5-under 49 after nine holes of alternate shot and nine of better ball. In the Legends Division for players 65 and older, Bruce Fleisher and Larry Nelson took the lead with a 62 at Buffalo Ridge. The teams of Jack Nicklaus-Gary Player, Lee Trevino-Mike Hill and Graham Marsh-John Bland shot 1-over 55 on the par-3 course, the site of the final rounds in each division. "We never seemed to get the right club in our hand," said Nicklaus, who designed the par-3 course. "All day long were struggling with a club, even on the second nine. ... We made two bogeys on the alternate shot because we didnt have the right clubs." Play was delayed twice because of rain and lightning and players were allowed to lift, clean and place their golf balls on the Buffalo Ridge course. Perry and Cochran birdied four of the first five holes and eagled the par-5 eighth -- Perry hit a hybrid to 6 feet -- in a 6-under 29 on the front nine. The Kentucky duo also birdied No. 10 and closed with three more. "Kenny came in there and really got things started," Cochran said. "He just had a terrific front side, especially, and really the whole day. ... He made many birdies and an eagle. Never really missed a shot. So as far as I was concerned, I was trying to fill in." Funk and Sluman played the first nine in 7-under 28 and added three birdies on the back nine. "We both played really honestly solid golf all day," Sluman said. "I think after 12 holes we each contributed like on six holes each, so we were just playing solid golf, hitting it down the middle and giving ourselves two birdie chances every hole." Sluman capped the round with a 20-foot birdie putt on the par-5 18th, their fifth birdie putt of 20 feet for longer. Sluman and Funk each holed 40- and 30-foot birdie putts. The teams of Jay Haas-Peter Jacobsen and Billy Andrade-Tommy Armour III shot 62 at Buffalo Ridge, and Tom Lehman-Bernhard Langer and Corey Pavin-Duffy Waldorf followed at 63. Jim Colbert and Jim Thorpe were second in the Legends Division at 66. Butch Baird-Al Geiberger and Hubert Green-Allen Doyle shot 67. Paul George Jersey . A player confirmed to TSN on the condition of anonymity that he received his ballot yesterday. Another confirms hes been told to expect his shortly. "The unions executive committee insists a strike vote does not mean were pushing away from the table," the player said. "But we want the league to know were serious about our position. Darren Collison Jersey .com) - Markus Granlund scored the game-winning goal as the Calgary Flames used an early offensive flurry to defeat the Los Angeles Kings, 2-1, on Monday. http://www.authenticbasketballshoppacer ... rs-jersey/. According to TSN Edmonton reporter Ryan Rishaug, agent Rick Valette met with Oilers senior VP of hockey operations Scott Howson and general manager Craig MacTavish on Monday to kick off the talks. Indiana Pacers Jerseys . Nowitzki scored 28 points, Harris had a season-high 14 for the second straight game and the Dallas Mavericks beat the Detroit Pistons 116-106 Sunday night. Victor Oladipo Jersey .com) - Oklahoma quarterback Trevor Knight was carted off the field in the fourth quarter of 16th-ranked Sooners 48-14 loss to No.TORONTO -- Two years ago Tyler Ennis was at the Air Canada Centre practising as part of a national mens basketball team camp. He was still a kid, going into his senior year of high school. Thursday, the point guard stood in front of a couple dozen members of the media and spoke with poise about how much hed grown since then, and how hes ready for the next level. "Yeah, yeah. It felt like so long ago," Ennis said before taking the court for his pre-draft workout for the Raptors. "To look back and see the people I was playing against and the position Im in now, its a big jump for me. I feel like Ive improved a lot and Ive learned a lot along the way and Ive had some fun along the way as well. "Ive pretty much enjoyed my time playing basketball for fun. Im ready for the professional level now." Nik Stauskas, Khem Birch and Dwight Powell played alongside Ennis at that camp two summers ago in Toronto, a gathering of players so promising, it prompted Canadian coach Jay Triano to call it the most basketball talent hed ever seen under one roof. That promise is about to come to fruition. A bumper crop Canadians -- Ennis, Stauskas, Birch and Powell among them -- are eligible for the June 26 NBA draft (live on TSN, TSN2 and TSN GO). Ennis, who starred in his one season at Syracuse, is expected to be the third highest Canadian picked behind Andrew Wiggins and Stauskas. Most mock drafts have Ennis going around No. 16. The 19-year-old from Brampton, Ont., worked out for the Raptors on Thursday along with fellow Canadians Jordan Bachynski of Calgary (Arizona State), Chadrack Lufile of Burlington, Ont., (Wichita State), and Chad Posthumus of Winnipeg (Morehead State). "To have so many Canadians first of all in the draft is big for the country. . . its great for basketball in Canada and its great for us individually," Ennis said. "And no matter where we end up, (NBA teams will see) Canadians are hard-working and good people off the court, and I think were all going to find success wherever we end up." While the Raptors dont expect Ennis to still be on the board when they pick at No. 20, he has some big fans in Canadas NBA franchise. "Fantastic kid. Very straightforward," Raptors president and GM Masai Ujiri said. "I was just talking about him with coach (Dwane) Casey, hed just met him. Super kid. Very professional and carries himself the right way. "I think hell make a good professional." Bachynski, meanwhile, was practically pinching himself after his workout in Toronto. He said while some players get caught up in the monotony of travelling from team to team in the rigours of the pre-draft workouts, he was loving the process. "I was in the airport for eight or nine hours yesterday because all of my flights got cancelled, but youve just go to embrace the moment. How often do you get to do this? Not only how often, but howw many people get to take part in this stuff? Its a dream come true," Bachynski said.dddddddddddd "Im in a very special situation because June is a great month for me. I have the draft and I also have a baby due in a few days. Im so excited." The 7-2 centre from Calgary and his wife Malia, a former volleyball player, are expecting a baby June 8. "I love that I have her there for me, she was an athlete so she knows the time it takes to be excellent at something," Bachynski said. "Its just a testament to the kind of woman she is, she told me if she goes into labour, go to my next workout. Dont come home. Baby is going to be there when I get back." At 24, Bachynski is the oldest player in the draft. "Im one of those young guys," Bachynski said, when someone pointed out that fact. "My bodys young, Ive got an old head." He was plagued by injuries in high school and was forced to take time off to recover from surgeries. He was late to start college, spending two years in Miami on his Mormon mission. "It was the most valuable experience for me," Bachynski said of his time in Florida. "Guys tell me all the time that it was the dumbest thing I could have done, to take two years off of basketball. I barely touched a basketball in those two years, but I wouldnt be the basketball player I am today. I learned huge life lessons, I learned the importance of hard work, and perseverance." Bachynski said his age makes him better prepared to go pro. "Definitely. Im married. I have a dog," he said, prompting laughter from reporters. "Ive got a kid on the way. Im not one of those guys whos going out and partying on the weekends. Im sitting watching Netflix. Im a guy you dont have to worry about off the court." While Ujiri has said he wont draft a Canadian player just for the sake of it, he doesnt believe there would be added pressure on a Canadian playing in Toronto. "No concerns at all," he said. "I think this has been a good process for the Canadian kids, I think the last few years, a kid has gone No. 1 (Anthony Bennett to the Cleveland Cavaliers last season), kids have played in the league, so I dont think its anything new any more for them." The Raptors have three picks in the draft -- 20, 37 and 59. While Ujiri isnt ruling out the possibility of making a trade to move up, hes preparing to remain where he is. "The one thing I say about the draft is we all fall in love with it the day of, a couple days before," said Ujiri. "I never let my (staff) or myself get hopeful that were going to move up. We want to study 20 and figure out 20. If youre hoping for (a trade), there are 29 other teams that are hoping for the same, and 29 other teams that are trying to do other deals. Ive been heartbroken a couple times. Ive learned not to rely on that at all." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+01:00