MarsVenus Logo
Aktuelle Zeit: 19.11.2017, 17:14

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+01:00

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 21.08.2017, 08:22 
Neuankömmling

Sports reporter Laura Armstrong’s working day begins long before game time. Armstrong, 26, became the Star’s Blue Jays beat reporter in February while continuing to cover Toronto FC and the occasional Raptors practice. The baseball beat involves interviewing players and managers http://www.jaysfanaticsjersey.com/troy-tulowitzki-jersey-c-21.html, writing breaking news stories, updating sports fans on social media, participating in live radio interviews and crafting game stories after the last pitch. It’s intense. Not only does it require quick thinking and a lot of travel but also developing a trusted relationship with sources and audiences. As the Blue Jays fight to stay in the wild card race, we asked Armstrong how she does it.

What does an average shift look like when covering a night game?

I’ll head to the ballpark by 3 p.m. for a 7 07 p.m. first pitch. I use this pre game time to interview players before a scheduled 4 p.m. daily session with Jays’ manager John Gibbons, in which he answers questions from journalists. Before the Roberto Osuna Jersey game starts, I’ll usually write a player profile or a feature unrelated to that night’s game, as well another story covering things such as the acquisition of new players, injuries or minor league stars. Once the game is underway, I divide my time between live tweeting and writing the game piece.

Once a game has ended how do you handle the tight press deadline?

I usually have 40 minutes to an hour to file my final story once the game ends. I’ll file a quick story as soon as the game is over that explains what happened but without quotes. Then http://www.jaysfanaticsjersey.com/ryan-goins-jersey-c-19.html, I rush down to the clubhouse to interview players and attend a press conference with Gibbons, and refile my story with material from these interviews. This last story has to be finished by 11 p.m. If a game runs long or goes into extra innings, I keep in close touch with my editors so I won’t miss the deadline. Being organized is key. I carry my laptop, headphones and cellphone everywhere I go when I’m on deadline. I’ve filed stories sitting on the floor at more stadiums than I can count.

As a woman in a traditionally male dominated beat covering men’s sports, are you treated differently by players or managers?

The role of women in sports media has come a long way since women started in this business. Alison Gordon, Major League Baseball’s first female beat writer who covered the Blue Jays for the Star, had trouble getting in the door. Today, I don’t find I’m treated all that differently than male reporters by players or managers. In the instances where I am, I find it it’s generally out of respect. For example, the clubhouse at Fenway Park in Boston is very small. The players http://www.jaysfanaticsjersey.com/justin-smoak-jersey-c-20.html, coaches and media end up on top of one another and, as players prepare for games , they can be in various states of undress. When I reported from Boston, players were happy to move to the dugout for interviews, which I think was more comfortable for everyone.

BeitragVerfasst: 15.09.2017, 10:48 
Freizeittipper

Fuck off!

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+01:00