MarsVenus Logo
Aktuelle Zeit: 18.08.2018, 00:35

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 20.07.2018, 10:23 
Gelegenheitsposter

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- The Minnesota Vikings are struggling both on and off the field. Middle linebacker Erin Henderson became the latest to find trouble, when news of his drunken-driving arrest surfaced Wednesday. Wide receiver Jerome Simpson was jailed Nov. 9 and later charged with two counts of DWI. Cornerback A.J. Jefferson was released Monday mere hours after he was arrested following a fight with his girlfriend. Jefferson was charged Wednesday with one count of felony domestic assault by strangulation. Thats three police-blotter appearances in three weeks for a team with a 2-8-1 record. "The fact that we have had three recent off field situations is unacceptable and disappointing," general manager Rick Spielman said in a prepared statement. "Our organization looks at each situation and the circumstances involved to determine our actions with those players and how to best move forward. The Vikings have a comprehensive approach with our player development program and excellent resources that are a part of this organization, but certainly we will take a methodical look at how we can improve upon our current programs to prevent these situations in the future." Spielman left the questions from reporters about Henderson up to coach Leslie Frazier, who politely but uncomfortably declined to answer most of them. Henderson is expected to play, Frazier said, but not start Sunday against Chicago. Henderson didnt practice last week or play at Green Bay because of what the team described as a personal matter, and Frazier declined to answer whether the arrest and Hendersons absence were connected. He said Henderson was not being punished, however, by the team. According to police in the Minneapolis suburb of Eden Prairie, where the Vikings have their headquarters, Henderson was arrested Nov. 19 for probable cause driving while intoxicated and possession of a controlled substance. As of Wednesday he had not been charged with a crime. Hendersons attorney, David Valentini, filed a petition Wednesday in Hennepin County court to have his drivers license reinstated. Because Henderson registered a 0.11 blood alcohol concentration following a breath test, his license was automatically revoked. According to the petition, Henderson claimed police did not have "articulable grounds to make an investigatory stop" nor did they have "reasonable and probable cause" for arrest. Henderson told reporters he was sorry for his teammates and the organization for "any embarrassment" he brought. He declined to speak specifically about his case. He also said his absence last week was "a mutual thing" between him and the team. "It was a wake-up call for me and, honestly, it may be something that I needed in the long run, something I think will help me progress and become the person Im capable of being and the man that I want to be," Henderson said. He added: "This will give me the opportunity to really step back and look in the mirror and look at my reflection and become happier with the person that I am and the person that I know I can become. And like I said, Ive been given a lot of great tools and a lot of resources by the program and by the organization here, something Im very thankful for. I look forward to showing you guys the improvements of myself." Audie Cole filled in for Henderson last week and will likely keep that spot. Cole had a team-high 13 tackles, one sack and three quarterback hits on Sunday. "We came back on Monday, looked at the tape and verified some of the things that we saw in the game," Frazier said. "And you say, How do you just sit this guy down and not give him a chance to show if he can continue this? So we made the decision based on the way he performed, and well get a chance to see him play this Sunday and see how he does." Cornerback Xavier Rhodes was the most notable player on the injury report. He had yet to pass all of his post-concussion tests after getting hurt Sunday, but Frazier said he hoped the rookie could practice Thursday. Custom Green Bay Packers Jerseys . Felix Pie had an RBI double earlier in the inning, as Baltimore rallied for three runs to overcome a 3-2 deficit. J.J. Hardy had two hits and Matt Wieters chipped in with an RBI double for the Orioles, who pushed their winning streak to three games. Josh Jackson Packers Jersey . "[People] keep asking that question and its not a legit question because we dont have that right, we havent arrived yet," Casey responded. "Weve got to take each game at a time, each possession at a time and look at it that way. http://www.authenticfootballshoppackers ... am-jersey/. -- The Seattle Seahawks and wide receiver Sidney Rice have agreed to terms on a deal. Muhammad Wilkerson Packers Jersey . -- Two-time AL Cy Young Award winner Johan Santana agreed Tuesday to a minor league contract with the Baltimore Orioles as he tries to come back from the second major operation on his left shoulder. JMon Moore Jersey . The Gatineau Olympiques head coach will lead Canada in its quest to end its gold medal drought at the 2015 world junior hockey championship held in Montreal and Toronto at the end of this year.Scottish Cup holders Inverness CT were dumped out of the competition as they lost 2-1 to Hibernian at the Tulloch Caledonian stadium in the quarter-final replay. On-loan Celtic striker Tony Stokes scored twice in five minutes to set up the victory and although Iain Vigurs pulled a goal back late in the match, the visitors held on to secure a semi-final against Dundee United.Hibs started the match purposely as they looked to bounce back from Sundays League Cup final defeat to Ross County, and they limited the home side to a couple of long range shots which both failed to hit the target. At the other end of the pitch Jason Cummings sent a shot from just outside the box wide of the post on 12 minutes after John McGinn did well to create the spaceBut the visitors opened the scoring on 36 minutes when Lewis Stevenson delivered a low ball across the box and Stokes crashed his shot past Owain Fon Williams.And the Irishman doubled the advantage when he struck from close-range after Fon Williams could only parry a shot from Cummings. Scottish Cup holders Inverness CT were dumped out of the competition as they lost 2-1 to Hibernian. Inverness were given a lifeline when Richie Forans header dropped to Vigurs and he turned the ball home from close-range on 77 minutes.Ten minutes later Hibs lost Mark Oxley to injury and he was replaced between the sticks by debutant Otso Virtanen.But the holders were unable to retain ttheir grip on the trophy and Stokes was denied a hat-trick by Fon Williams deep in stoppage-time as Hibs played on the counter-attack.ddddddddddddHibs boss Alan Stubbs admitted the only disappointment of the night was the booking for Oxley, meaning the goalkeeper will sit out the semi-final against United. Hibs goalkeeper Mark Oxley is suspended for the Cup semi-final Oxley was booked for time wasting - his second yellow card of the competition - and Stubbs said: He lost his contact lens.He has asked the referee to try and find it but the referee will probably hide behind the fact that Ox didnt say that.But it was obvious to everyone in the stands that he had a problem with his eye, and there was a problem with communication. Inverness CT manager John Hughes was annoyed by his sides defending whilst Hibernian boss Alan Stubbs was pleased to bounce back from their League Cup Fin We have got to a final, and now another semi-final, and we still have a chance of promotion. Sometimes people write you off after one result, but they can keep going as far as Im concerned. All it does is make us stronger.The semi-final between Hibernian v Dundee United is live on Saturday April 16 on Sky Sports 1HD, kick-off 12.15pm White NFL Jerseys Cheap Youth NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00