MarsVenus Logo
Aktuelle Zeit: 22.01.2018, 20:53

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+01:00

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 08.01.2018, 04:46 
RundumdieUhrPoster

Melbourne, Australia (SportsNetwork.com) - Andreas Seppi knew he couldnt relax. Up two sets against Roger Federer, the 30-year-old Italian was eying a big upset but remained wary of the opponent on the other side of the net. Its never comfortable playing Roger, Seppi said in an on-court interview with a TV reporter. He should know. Seppi lost his first 10 matches against Federer before finally finding the all-time greats number in a monster upset on one of tennis biggest stages. Seppi handed the second-seeded former world No. 1 Federer his earliest exit at the Australian Open in 14 years, gutting out a four-set win in the third round on Friday that took three hours to complete and ended with one of the unheralded Italians best shots on match point in a fourth-set tiebreak. Following a hard serve, Seppi found himself in no mans land on Federers return but got the ball back. It drew Federer to the net, but Seppi was able to track the next shot down in the corner, looping a forehand over Federer and down the line for a winner. It finished off a 6-4, 7-6 (7-5), 4-6, 7-6 (7-5) win that ended Federers run of 11 consecutive semifinal appearances at the seasons first Grand Slam event. To beat Roger first time, especially in a Grand Slam, best-of-five, is a special moment for me, said Seppi. Of course, at the beginning, I just went on the court to enjoy the match and to play my best tennis. I was pretty calm. I have to say, from the beginning [and] also in the important moments. Federer hadnt lost this early at the Aussie Open since he was also ousted in the third round way back in 2001. [It was] just a bad day, admitted Federer. I wish I could have played better, but clearly it was tough losing the first two. [I] had chances to get back into it. I let it slip, I mean, both times in some ways. I guess I won the wrong points out there today. I knew how important that second set tiebreak was, so clearly that hurt, losing that one. The end wasnt pretty. It wasnt easy to play with the shadow. But it was the same for both of us. [It was] just a disappointing loss. The four-time Aussie champion -- his last win came in 2010 -- Federer aced Seppi 15 times but also committed nine double faults, including one to go down 15-30 in the 12th game of the fourth set. The Swiss star fought back and won the game with an ace to force a tiebreak. Federer holds a mens-record 17 Grand Slam titles, but its the three-time ATP champion Seppi who moved on to face Aussie Nick Kyrgios. Meanwhile, third-seeded former No. 1 Rafael Nadal got past Israeli Dudi Sela 6-1, 6-0, 7-5 and No. 6 seed Andy Murray, a three-time Aussie Open runner- up, eased to a 6-1, 6-1, 7-5 win over Portuguese Joao Sousa and will next face No. 10 Grigor Dimitrov, who battled Marcos Baghdatis for 3 hours, 27 minutes before besting the 2006 Melbourne runner-up 4-6, 6-3, 3-6, 6-3, 6-3 win. The 14-time Grand Slam champion Nadal beat Federer in the 2009 Aussie final and is a two-time runner-up in Melbourne, including last year when he was stunned by Stan Wawrinka in the final. Nadal, of course, is the reigning French Open king. Nadals fourth-round opponent will be tall South African Kevin Anderson. In other third-round action involving seeds, No. 7 former Wimbledon runner-up Tomas Berdych handled Serb and last weeks Sydney champion Viktor Troicki 6-4, 6-3, 6-4 and a No. 14 Anderson dismissed No. 24 Frenchman Richard Gasquet 6-4, 7-6 (7-3), 7-6 (8-6). Up next for Berdych will be dangerous Aussie Bernard Tomic. Also on Day 5, the promising crowd favorite Kyrgios doused Tunisian Malek Jaziri 6-3, 7-6 (8-6), 6-1 and an all-Aussie affair saw Tomic knock out Sam Groth 6-4, 7-6 (10-8), 6-3. The third round will resume here on Saturday, including matches for current world No. 1 Novak Djokovic, the fourth-seeded reigning Oz champion Wawrinka and fifth-seeded U.S. Open runner-up Kei Nishikori. Djokovic will take on 31st-seeded Spaniard Fernando Verdasco, while Wawrinka will encounter Finnish veteran Jarkko Nieminen and the Japanese Nishikori will be opposed by American two-time NCAA singles champion Steve Johnson. The reigning Wimbledon champ Djokovic is a seven-time major titlist, including four Aussie crowns. He captured the title at Melbourne Park three straight years from 2011-13. Also slated for action Saturday are eighth-seeded Canadian Milos Raonic, ninth-seeded former Roland Garros finalist David Ferrer and 19th-seeded towering American John Isner. Rayshawn Jenkins Jersey .com) - The Minnesota Twins made it official on Wednesday, announcing the signing of outfielder Torii Hunter to a one-year contract. Travis Benjamin Jersey . Roma has a game in hand but now second place is even at risk for the capital side as Napoli moved to within three points with the win. "The result is not always fair," Roma coach Rudi Garcia said. "If we play like this until the end we will win many matches. http://www.chargersprofansshop.com/Blac ... ml?cat=917. But qualifying for her first Scotties Tournament of Hearts after years of falling short in tough Manitoba provincial championships is as good as consolation prizes get for the 29-year-old from Winnipegs Fort Rouge Curling Club. Mike Williams Jersey .Balotelli uploaded on Instagram a picture of the video-game character Super Mario, with whom the Italy international shares a nickname, with text around the image including jumps like a black man and grabs coins like a Jew. Antonio Gates Jersey . On Sunday, hell attempt to become the youngest driver to win a NASCAR Nationwide race on Iowas short track. The 20-year-old Blaney wont be the only kid pushing a podium finish.KANNAPOLIS, N.C. - Tony Stewart said Monday he never considered retiring from racing following the death of Kevin Ward Jr.The three-time NASCAR champion talked with reporters Monday at his first news conference since a grand jury decided last week not to charge him in Wards death. The 20-year-old driver was struck and killed by Stewarts car during a sprint car race in upstate New York on Aug. 9.This is what Ive done all my life. This is what Ive done for 36 years, and I wouldnt change anything about it, he said. I love what I do. I love driving race cars, but I think it might change right now as far as how much of it and what I do, but there was never a thought in my head about stopping. That would take the life out of me.Stewart took 29 questions over 36 minutes at Stewart-Haas Racing, but did not discuss what he remembers about the incident that killed Ward. He has been advised by legal counsel not to discuss it because he still could face a civil lawsuit from Wards family.He admitted hes not been properly engaged with the four-car race team he co-owns. He missed three races following Wards death as he secluded himself at his Indiana home, but has been back since the Aug. 31 race at Atlanta.The 43-year-old Stewart didnt earn a berth in the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship, but teammates Kevin Harvick and Kurt Busch both made the 16-driver field. Busch was eliminated Sunday at Dover.Stewart, who barely watched the three races he missed, said he has not been the leader hed like to be for his team.Ive let my team down from that standpoint. Ive been a little bit of a cheerleader, but thats about all Ive been able to contribute here the last seven weeks, he said. Its been hard for me to function day-to-day. There hasnt been anything normal about my life the last seven weeks, so its been very hard to try to do anything to be productive to help those guys.Stewart has also been aabsent from the sprint car teams he owns via Tony Stewart Racing, and from the three race tracks he owns.dddddddddddd He has watched his drivers compete online and watched several nights of racing at Eldora Speedway on his computer, but has not been a part of any of his businesses.He was appreciative of the support hes received from sponsors, particularly Mobil 1, Bass Pro Shops and Rush Truck Centers, but acknowledged its been difficult on the companies. Stewart also missed the final 15 races of the 2013 season with a broken leg suffered in a sprint car crash last August.Its obviously a tough circumstance for anybody to be a part of it, for a corporation to be part of it as well, but theyve been very supportive through this whole process, he said. I cant speak to what the future will be for them. Theyve been supportive to this point and thats something Ive been very grateful for.Stewart has been receiving professional help to cope with Wards death. Asked Monday if he could go back and change anything about the last seven weeks, Stewart said he would not have gone to Canandaigua Motorsports Park for what turned into a tragic sprint car race.Id have stayed at Watkins Glen that night, he said. You know, I do this stuff and I go run those cars to have a good time and thats all I wanted to do that night. I wanted to go have fun. It wasnt a big paying race for sprint car standards. I just wanted to go run my sprint car for a night. I do it to have fun, and it didnt end up being fun that night.Stewart told The Associated Press last week that he had lost his desire to race sprint cars and he repeated that Monday.When I got hurt, it was as soon as I got healed, and as soon as things got settled in with the Cup car I was set that I was wanting to get in one, he said, but right now, I wouldnt even be able to give you a small idea of if and when Ill ever get back in a car. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+01:00