MarsVenus Logo
Aktuelle Zeit: 23.09.2018, 02:33

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 02.01.2018, 04:57 
Rekordschreiber

TAMPA, Fla. -- Sami Salo joked that as the shootout went on and on, one thing went through his mind: "Youve got to tie up your skates. I might get a chance." The 15-year NHL defenceman made the most of a rare shootout opportunity, scoring in the 13th round to lead the Tampa Bay Lightning to a 3-2 win over the New York Islanders on Thursday night. "It just happened to go in," said Salo of his first successful shootout goal, coming in his third ever attempt. "It was obviously good for us. Its a good feeling." The shootout was tied at 4 through 12 rounds before Salo put a backhander past Evgeni Nabokov. Ben Bishop preserved the win by making a glove save on Johan Sundstrom. Ryan Callahan had two goals for the Lightning, who trail Montreal by two points for second place in the Atlantic Division. Tampa Bay, 6-0-4 in its last 10 games, has two games in hand on the Canadiens. "First and foremost, we got two points," Tampa Bay coach Jon Cooper said. "So, thats what we need out of the game. Were going to have to do better than that. Give the Islanders some credit, they played really hard. Definitely, there were positives in the game, but as a whole, were a better 5-on-5 team than we showed tonight." The Islanders, out of the playoff race, got goals from Ryan Strome and Matt Donovan. Right wing Kyle Okposo, who has a team-best 27 goals and 69 points, was a late scratch due to a lower body injury. "We are trying to play hard at this point of the season, and were trying to get better each and every day," Islanders defenceman Travis Hamonic said. "I thought we played a pretty good game." All three games between the teams this season were decided in a shootout, with the road team winning the first two. "I dont mind them when were winning," Callahan said. "When you lose them, you hate them." Callahan pulled the Lightning even at 2 on his second goal of the game, coming on a rebound 5:50 into the third. "We didnt have our best game, but really willed a way to win," Bishop said. Donovan put the Islanders up 2-1 while lunging forward in the slot at 9:17 of the second. It ended the defencemans 39-game goal drought. After Callahan redirected Radko Gudas shot past Nabokov just 29 seconds into the second, Strome put a shot past Bishop to tie it at 1 at 1:33. New York had a short-handed goal by Hamonic from centre ice waved off due to an offside call in the second. Hamonic stole Bishops errant long-range pass from the corner and put the puck into the vacated net. The Islanders failed to score during a 5-on-3 power play early in the third. Tampa Bay came up empty on a power play that covered the final 69 seconds of overtime. NOTES: Tampa Bay C Valtteri Filppula had an assist to extend his point streak (10 assists, 14 points) to 10 games. ... The Islanders recalled forward John Persson on an emergency basis from Bridgeport of the AHL. Persson, selected in the fifth round of the 2011 draft, made his NHL debut. Antonio Rudiger Jersey . - Playing a road game against a division rival raises the intensity for linebacker Clay Matthews. Christoph Kramer Jersey . -- Canadas Milos Raonic defeated Edouard Roger-Vasselin of France on Saturday to advance to the third round of the BNP Paribas Open. http://www.germanyfcsoccershop.com/c-27 ... y.aspx.The McLaren MP4-30 was launched on Thursday, with chief executive Ron Dennis saying it marks the start of a lengthy journey back to winning grands prix and eventually world championships.McLaren, which hasnt won a grand prix since 2012, will be using Honda engines for the first time since 1992, and has signed two-time world champion Fernando Alonso to partner Jenson Button for the upcoming season. Kevin Volland Jersey .C. -- The Carolina Hurricanes used a strong third period to extend their winning streak to three games. Kerem Demirbay Jersey . "I dont know where we would be without him," McClendon said. "Hes done a tremendous job for us and (Wednesday) was no different." Logan Morrison drove in two runs in Seattles big sixth inning, Young pitched seven strong innings and the Mariners beat the Houston Astros 5-2 to complete a three-game sweep. OTTAWA -- Erik Karlsson says hed be glad to take on the added responsibility that comes with being the new captain of the Ottawa Senators. Hed also be perfectly happy if the team decides to go in another direction. "Obviously its something I wouldnt say no to (but) its not something Im going to ask for," the star defenceman said Monday. "I think whoever takes that decision is going to make the right one and whether its me or someone else I think its going to be good for the team and good for the organization." The Senators are once again in search of a new captain as Jason Spezza -- who replaced longtime captain Daniel Alfredsson -- was traded to the Dallas Stars this past summer. Spezza wore the "C" for just one season before requesting a trade from Senators management. "As a friend point of view its sad to see him go and I wish him all the best," Karlsson said. "Its part of the business unfortunately. Hes been here for a long time and felt that he needed to move on. Its just one of those things you learn to deal with as a professional athlete." Despite the loss of Spezzas leadership and offensive abilities, Karlsson thinks the team can improve from last seasons 11th place finish in the Eastern Conference. "Its going to be a change, but at the same time I think the group we have is developing," Karlsson said. "Even though we kind of had a bad year last year I think were going to be a better team this year with or without (Spezza). I think everyone is motivated coming back and someone is going to have to step up, but thats part of the business as well. You have to give the new guys the opportunity to shine and hopefully someone will take it." Karlsson finished last season with 20 goals and 74 points through 82 games, but was far from satisfied with his performance. He worked hard during the off-season, made longer by the fact the Senators missed the playoffs, and says he feels great and is looking forward to getting back on the ice. "This summers been really good for me," he said. "Sad to say the long summers probably done me good for my own interest and Ive made a lot of progress from last year. I feel way better now than I did at this point last year and I really feel that everything is starting to connect more." The 24-year-old admitted he didnt feel good about his game last season and wants to try and return to the form that saw him win the Norris Trophy in 2013.dddddddddddd "Im extremely excited about my own game and the teams game and where its going to take us," Karlsson said. "Right now I feel fresh and I feel like Im in a place in my life, on and off the ice, where Im happy about myself and Im excited moving forward and theres a lot of small things that I know I need to take care of on the ice to be a better player and I think Im up to date on what I need to do." Karlsson seemed more at peace and confident with himself, and it appears a tumultuous season last year helped the young defenceman mature. Last season saw Karlsson dealing with a divorce, the loss of Alfredsson, as well as close friends Peter Regin and Jakob Silfverberg, and recovering from the Achilles injury. "Everything bad comes with some good right, thats normally what they say," Karlsson said. "Ive learned a lot from last year and theres a lot of things you dont want to go through again and some things that take some time to pick up what you need to do better. I think last year in the long run is going to do us good." While Karlsson was already considered a star, he will likely come under even closer scrutiny this season with Spezzas departure. In the end it was that scrutiny that proved to be too much for Spezza, but Karlsson says hes ready and willing to accept it. "Thats how it is playing on a Canadian team and thats what you have to take," Karlsson said. "It comes with its ups and downs and its a great feeling playing for a city where everybody cares so much. Its going to be hard at times and people are going to analyze you for whatever you do." Karlsson admitted there are times he doesnt enjoy the scrutiny, but understands it comes with the territory and says hes learned not to take it too personally. Notes: The Ottawa Senators signed defenceman Mark Borowiecki to a three-year contract extension Monday. The deal has an average annual value of $1.1 million ($1.0 million in 2015-16, $1.1 million in 2016-17 and $1.2 million in 2017-18). Borowiecki played 13 games for the Senators last season and is expected to bring a physical dimension to the Ottawa blue-line. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00