MarsVenus Logo
Aktuelle Zeit: 17.08.2018, 05:32

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: me to have fun, but at one time
BeitragVerfasst: 11.08.2018, 09:06 
Gelegenheitsposter

VANCOUVER -- Chris Del Bosco still wouldnt change a thing. The Canadian skicross racer appeared to have the bronze medal locked up in the mens final at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, only to wipe out while trying to make a pass in the biggest moment of his career. Del Bosco made no apologies after that race, and is relishing his shot at redemption four years later. "Im known for some passes last minute ... most of the time it works out for me and on that day it didnt work out," said the 31-year-old Montreal resident. "I raced 100 per cent and thats how I do. Im not going to hold back and say OK here, we got this (bronze) locked up. Might as well just chill out. "I knew there was an opportunity for improvement and I took it. If I had to do it again I would do the same thing, just hope for a little different outcome." Del Bosco was among six athletes named Monday to a strong Canadian skicross team for next months Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia. "I never put third place or second place on a goal sheet," said Del Bosco. "I have pretty high expectations and Ive proven in the past I can make things happen when I need to." In fact, the entire Canadian skicross contingent -- which has a goal of earning medals in both the mens and womens races -- has shown an ability to make things happen. Joining Del Bosco on the team are Dave Duncan of London, Ont., Calgarys Brady Leman, Kelsey Serwa of Kelowna, B.C., Marielle Thompson of Whistler, B.C., and Georgia Simmerling of West Vancouver, B.C. The 24-year-old Serwa, who finished fifth in Vancouver behind Canadian gold medallist Ashleigh McIvor, said the competition to even make the team is fierce. "We push each other. I dont think our team would be as good if we didnt have ... motivation to really improve," said Serwa, won the world championship and X Games gold medal back in 2011. "We work really well together and I think thats really to our advantage." Serwa will be joined in the womens competition by the 21-year-old Thompson, the current World Cup leader, and the 24-year-old Simmerling, who suited up for Canada in alpine skiing at the 2010 Games. "Its really inspiring to look beside me and see the other two girls on my team, and the men too," said Serwa. "Everyone is just so dominant and so strong. "Its really cool to have the progression of watching where we came from and where we are now." On the mens side, the 31-year-old Duncan picked up his first two World Cup victories in December, while the 27-year-old Leman has five career World Cup podiums to his name. Leman -- who along with Duncan missed out on the sports Olympic debut in Vancouver because of injury -- is excited to get his first experience at a Games. "Im super proud and a little bit relieved," said Leman. "The way the last couple seasons have gone for me, Ive felt like I belong at the Olympics. "The Canadian freestyle team is just such a difficult team to make. Were so deep across all the disciplines." That talent, coupled with a sluggish start to the season, almost cost Del Bosco a spot in Sochi. The international ski federation allocates up to 26 spots for each country for all five freestyle disciplines. Del Bosco won the 2011 world championship and has two X Games gold medals to his name, but needed one podium finish in his final two races to make the Canadian team. The first event in France was cancelled due to weather, but he was still awarded top spot on the basis of his qualification time and his victory in his heat. Del Bosco then followed that up with a fifth-place finish the following day. "It was stressful, more after the fact knowing that I had put a good qualifier in," Del Bosco said of the cancelled race. "I was skiing really well and then it was called -- something completely out of my control. "I had faith that I put in all the work and I did everything I could on that day." McIvor, who attended Mondays announcement, said Canadians can expect Del Bosco to make the same move he did in Vancouver if the skier finds himself running third in the Sochi final. "I think you can depend on Chris to always give it his all and not settle for anything less than what he truly wants," said the 30-year-old McIvor, who retired in 2012 after a knee injury. "Hes definitely an all-or-nothing guy. "You have to be the most aggressive out there. What separates the good skicross athletes from the others is those who have that natural instinct to make good decisions under pressure and just keep on pushing." Miles Wood Jersey . Fognini won 7-5, 6-2, 6-2 after Argentinas Carlos Berlocq had beaten Andreas Seppi 4-6, 6-0, 6-2, 6-1 on the outdoor clay surface. Doubles are set for Saturday with reverse singles on Sunday to decide which team reaches the quarterfinals. Ben Lovejoy Jersey . The thinking at the time was Clowney could have already been promised he would be selected first overall by the Houston Texans, therefore negating any need to meet with any other teams. The plot took another twist this week. http://www.authentichockeyshopdevils.co ... ils+jersey. DeGrom outpitched Jake Peavy in a tantalizing hitless duel that carried into the seventh inning Saturday night before the New York Mets broke loose and beat the San Francisco Giants 4-2. Travis Zajac Jersey .In the Football Money League compiled by accountancy firm Deloitte, German champion Bayern Munich remained third but Barcelona dropped from second to fourth during its trophyless 2014.In the 2013-2014 financial year, Real generated 549. Stefan Noesen Jersey . Jamies number grades given are out of five, with five being the best mark. Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers (5) – He had good saves on Giroux, Akeson, and Hartnell tonight.COLUMBUS, Ohio - By the time players finished scoring a record 29 goals at the NHL all-star game, they agreed that there was one loud, ear-piercing negative: the cannon at Nationwide Arena.I hate the cannon, Philadelphia Flyers captain Claude Giroux said.Florida Panthers goaltender Roberto Luongo added that the cannon wasnt his favourite part of the weekend either.The cannon went off more times in one game in the building than ever before, marking goals by the team led by Nick Foligno of the host Columbus Blue Jackets. Team Toews beat Team Foligno 17-12 in the mid-season exhibition featuring many of hockeys top stars playing shinny with no hitting, no defence and no mercy for goaltenders.Thats all were really doing out there is having fun and kind of trying to show our skill at the same time, Chicago Blackhawks winger Patrick Kane said. Kind of feels like summer hockey a little bit where theres a lot of breakaways, a lot of odd-man rushes.And a lot of goals, breaking the record set in 2001 in Denver when North America beat the World 14-12. This one was a wide-open affair in which all but three players registered at least a point.Jakub Voracek of the Philadelphia Flyers had six points on a hat trick and three assists, tying Mario Lemieuxs 1988 record.“I think its a little different, Voracek and Lemieux, right? said Voracek, the former Blue Jackets winger who also leads the NHL in scoring at the all-star break. Three secondary assists. Ill take it, but I wouldnt make a big deal out of it.Despite tying Lemieux, Voracek was not the most valuable player. Hometown star Ryan Johansen received that honour as part of an online fan vote.Joey deserved it the way he handled the weekend, Voracek said. Him and Nick Foligno were under a lot of spotlight. At the skills yesterday and the game today, they did a great job. It was well deserved.John Tavares of the New York Islanders became the sixth player in all-star game history with four goals, joining the elite company of Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Vincent Damphousse, Mike Gartner and Dany Heatley. One of his four also went down as the game-winner.Its pretty cool, Tavares said. Its something you dont really think about going into a game like this. You get your opportunities and just was happy to put them in.Most players left happy, including winning captain Jonathan Toews and fellow Canadian Olympian Patrice Bergeron of the Boston Bruins, who each finished with five points. Goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury of the Pittsburgh Penguins was less than thrilled with the proceedings.Fleury gave up seven goals on 16 shots in the second period, which was the most scored by one team in that time in the games history. He heard that on television at the second intermission.It was so long, probably the longest 20 minutes of mmy career, Fleury said in French.ddddddddddddWe are at this game to have fun, but at one time, it was frustrating. Normally, Ill be quick out of the game way before giving up seven goals.Luongo, who started for Team Toews, said Fleury approached him at the bench early in the second period.He was looking for some comfort words or something from me, Luongo said. He wasnt on my team, so I wasnt going in for him. What are you going to do? Its an all-star game.This was the first all-star game since 2012 in Ottawa, after the lockout forced Columbus to have its opportunity rescheduled and the Sochi Olympics left no room for the festivities. The 2015 all-star weekend might best be remembered for the unveiling of the 2016 World Cup of Hockey, but there were plenty of memorable moments from Friday nights draft and Saturday nights skills competition.The game itself featured a handful of new records: most goals by a team in a game (17) and a period (seven), most combined goals in a period (11) and fastest two, three and four goals scored.If I was a goalie in this game, I would be ... not happy, Zemgus Girgensons of the Buffalo Sabres said.Goalie torment aside, it was a showcase of some of the NHLs best players. The effort wasnt really there, but most players didnt expect it.I was sitting on the bench getting the shakes a little bit, Panthers rookie defenceman Aaron Ekblad said. I was trying not to try too hard. Thats kind of like the thing to do almost. It is hard to do. I got chirped a little bit for trying too hard.Players trying or lack thereof was measured by chips in their jerseys and the puck as the NHL experimented with tracking in a game for the first time. A prototype program could show players shift lengths, top speeds and other things in real time.Its something that could be coming to the league at some point in the future but not before analyzing how it went in the all-star game and figuring out the real implications.Were right in the beginning phases of this, the NHLPAs Mathieu Schneider said Saturday. Well see what comes out of it. Fans and players are excited about it. We can work together to really enlighten a whole new group of people that havent really followed the game.For fans who tuned in just for this all-star game, it didnt enlighten much about real hockey. But ultimately it didnt have to.Not much defence played, the Ottawa Senators Bobby Ryan said. The talent level out there is incredible. Its a heck of an experience.Notes — The teams combined for 92 shots, which was not close to the all-time record. ... Tyler Johnson of the Tampa Bay Lightning missed the game because of a lower-body injury. ... Fall Out Boy played during the first intermission and O.A.R. in the second. ... Next years all-star weekend is in Nashville. Cheap Chargers Jerseys Cheap Rams Jersey Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Vikings Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jersey Cheap Saints Jerseys Cheap New York Giants Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Steelers Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Cheap Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Titans Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys ' ' '

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00